AVIC411.com

Ipod/Video/Z1/Z2 AUX input/Image long post

Has anyone with a Video Ipod got video to work either stationary or moving on the Z1/Z2 through the Ipod cable? Any suggestions on maybe how to do this?

Ohhh...and if someone with a Z1 post BT image could share it......I think I could make some definite progress on a Z2 bypass.....hopefully.....(begging at this point for the image.) Just please pm me....thanks in advance.

For the Z1, it will work while stopped OR all the time if bypassed. For the Z2, it will only work when stopped.

Buy the ipod A/V cable that gives you video and left and right audio outputs. Plug those into the A/V input coming off the back of the Z1/2. Go into the initial menu and turn on the A/V input. Change the source to A/V and watch away. Make sure your ipod is set to output signal through the A/V jacks

thx about the ipod...i heard the A/V kinda sucks this way...true or not? Certainly can't be DVD quality. Also, I doubt you can control the Ipod this way from the touch screen either. I also have a Creative Zen-W, I guess I would have to use the AV input as well, I don't think there are any cables to control the Creative like the Ipod or any adapters to convert from Ipod to Creative or any other brand. Thanks for any extra input.