AVIC411.com

I have posted several times about battery drain after my D3 install. I'm pretty sure I have found the culprit...the gmos-lan-04. I reinstalled the factory head unit and powered everything off....current reads .13 on my amp meter. Reinstalled the D3 with the gmos-lan-04...current reading .74. Took the 04 off line and the current returned to .13. Should the gmos-lan-04 have any current draw when the power is off...it is hooked up to constant power. Is this just a bad lan unit?

Thanks all...

vtail

probably a bad unit. metra has had lots of problems with them and there was a recall on them. the updated units have a date "06/07" on the front next to the bar code in the middle of the box. if yours doesnt say that then you need the updated one to fix the problems. it shouldnt drain like that.

I have definately located the source of my current draw...it's the GMOS-LAN-04....specifically the blue/white wire which controls the factory moonsoon amp. For whatever reason, this won't power down when the radio is turned off and the key is removed from the ignition. Until I can get a replacement, I have installed a switch in the blue/white wire to manually turn of the amp and speaker amplification. I am certainly a novice at this and this is the only solution that I could come up with. I have no idea why the LAN is not powering off. I hope it's just a faulty unit. Any opinions?

Thanks all,

vtail

yeah thatll work fine for now. its a problem with the unit. just to double check, make sure the amp turn on lead from the aftermarket radio is powering off...just to narrow the problem down to the unit for sure.

but definately try to contact whoever you bought the gmos-04 from to get the updated replacement