AVIC411.com

Finished my D3 in my 2004 Silverado

By far the easiest DD install ive really ever done. I still lack hooking up the dimmer. My lord that nav screen is bright at night!!! So far it seems really nice. Nav was spot on after a few minutes of sitting in the cul-de-sac. Overall im pleased! Just figured id ad this. Ill take some pics tomorrow.

isnt it wierd how the dash kit isnt centered veritcally? i think that kit works in alot of other cars tho too.

did you have to cut anything behind the dash? i usually remove the whole plastic piece above the ac just to fit all the frigin cables

I did try to adjust the trim pieces when I put the iPod cable in today. Didnt work! I took the hvac controls out when I did the install along with the instrument panel. Hid stuff back there, zip tied etc. But I cleaned it up the best I could in there and it came out well.

in the 2000 you shouldnt need any fancy chimes

if it has the bose system

(which it probly wont)

then check behind your glove box (it has a tab you push and then it folds all the way down) you should see a square metal box with wires pointing to the center of the car.

if i has the amp then u need to bypass or get a bose adapter.

so to sum it up no u wont need the same harness but have u noticed the dash isnt big enuff for a double din?

hey del do you have the steering wheel controls? if so did you lose the mileage, odometer controls i know you lose the audio but somebody told me you lose all of them with this unit

Im not too sure on that one. I dont have the wheel controls. I dont think you would lose any DIC finctionality. Plus I havent ever heard of anyone saying that they did lose it.

• 1 month later...