AVIC411.com

This is such a disappointing radio.

1. No way to manually enter phone book names so forget about caller ID working unless you have a very specific phone.

2. Only phones with OPP can transfer addresses.

3. Front / rear speakers can't be faded if you have On-Star.

4. Navigation voice commands come as I pass my turn.

5. Won't pair with my factory CD changer.

6. When I have my 3 registered phones in the truck before starting the engine, only the phone registered as #1 works through the system when any of the 3 receive a call .

ok im guessin u gotta 03 n up gm vehicle with premium bose.

its not pioneers fault that the fader is controlled through data bus. the only way to get around this is to replace and rewire all speakers in your truck.

as far as ur cd changer "pairing" keep dreaming.

gm doesnt make their equipment adaptable so i dont know what gave you the impression that that was even doable.

you can easily replace the cd changer witha dvd player so you can keep your map disk in like so

denalismni2.jpg

Sorry for leaving out the details. Yes, it's an '05 Yukon Denali with premium Bose, XM with traffic module, Pioneer back-up camera, BT2000, steering wheel control module and On-Star.

I'm not a car or car radio enthusiast. I'm just someone who want's the best of everything in his truck and that's what Tweeter and others said I was getting.

Thanks for your feedback though. At least I know the installer isn't BS-ing me.

lol its kool man i understand.

what i try to stress to my customers is the d3 is and amazing unit! for 1000 bucks

i try to prep them for it by explaining all the bad stuff about it. (needing the disk in to nav, the phone probs you are having) but then i explain all the cool shi it can do!!

but so far ive installd 14 of them so i think the pros outweigh the cons.

you might look around on ebay for a single din dvd player witha tv tuner and you can get alot more use from ur d3.

but so far ive installd 14 of them so i think the pros outweigh the cons.

I have been having a lot of problems with my D1. I am considering buying the D3 instead of shipping my D1 to Pioneer and paying the $200 + bucks to have it repaired. I had it professionally installed. My question is will the D1 speaker, power and preout plugs from my D1 match up with the D3 so I don't have to rip everything out and start over.