AVIC411.com

My touch screen simply isn't working for about half of the screen (the right side) which makes it impossible to adjust things higher from the EQ menu or even use the on screen keyboard. Any one have any issues similar to this, or should i see if Pioneer covers this..... or could this be an excuse to upgrade to a Z-series?

This is called digitizer drift. *shrug* Any way to recalibrate the touch screen?

My touch screen simply isn't working for about half of the screen (the right side) which makes it impossible to adjust things higher from the EQ menu or even use the on screen keyboard. Any one have any issues similar to this, or should i see if Pioneer covers this..... or could this be an excuse to upgrade to a Z-series?

This is called digitizer drift. *shrug* Any way to recalibrate the touch screen?

Follow this link. I have the same issue and I have tried to recalibrate with no success.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7446

That's just it. The screen isn't dead. It just reads the touches about 1/4 of an inch off. And the calibration seems to have a helped (a lot). But it's still not quite right. I bought this as a floor unit from Best Buy a little less than a year ago. And I never registered it. So I doubt that it's under warranty. I wish i had the money to buy a Z1 off eBay.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I have the same issue recently - mine is about 1.5 years old. The right side is off, some buttons are so off that I can't press them (the EQ adjustment screen is the worst with the + buttons). I adjusted some EQ settings down, then discovered that I can't put them back, and now it sounds like crap and I can't fix it :x

Let me try this calibration thing, but from the other posts on this thread, sounds like its dead.

Derek

Go here for calibration instructions:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1283&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=calibration

(not sure if this link works, so cut and paste)

It improved, but I need to try it a few more times to get it better. There is definitely a need to try it over and over again till it works - the first time it didn't work great, the second time I got part of the screen working again. Need to experiement and figure out the magic.

Derek

Yeah it totally did not fix the problem but at least it responds better. How else can the calibrate it to fully function though? Maybe the screen in itself is bad? Anyone get theres back with the problem solved?

I need to send mine back in since I have the extended warranty.

The right side of my screen is the same, but a little less than a quarter of an inch. I have the same problem while trying to calibrate ... you go to press the square but it does not recognize you pressed it unless you move over to the right a bit ... but then whats the point because you are just calibrating it wrong!