AVIC411.com

NavTraffic is no more on D3

OK, guys... I had an AVIC-N2 w/ the P10-XMT tuner, and NavTraffic worked just fine. I recently installed a new D3, and I get XM radio... but not NavTraffic.

When I go to the NAV screen to MENU and then Info/Traffic, and click on XM Status... the info screen pretty much says that there's no XM signal and it's not connected. The radio ID section is blank, too.

I called XM 3 times today, and all they can say is "OK... tune in to channel 1, and leave it there for 20 min." I let the car sit there on channel one for an hour 3 times, and practically killed my battery trying to get NavTraffic back.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks!

I was thinking it could be the cable, too, but a few facts make me think otherwise:

• 1. I can hear XM Radio, and on ch. 000 I can see my radio ID and everything.
    2. The installer, who is a friend of mine, said that there's only one connection, and that he hooked it up the same way it was installed on my last car. He could be missing something, blowing smoke in my face, or just plain wrong.
    3. The XM radio helpline (who, so far, is a bunch of idiots) never even suggested that there could be a cabling problem. They told me repeatedly that if I can get XM radio, NavTraffic should fall right into place.

Now, like I said before, the installer could be wrong. I looked at p. 8-9 of the manual, and I'm not sure if I supplied every single cable that's on there. Is the XM DATA cable needed for XM Radio in general, or XM NavTraffic specifically? I noticed that the colors of each end of the cable don't always match (black/blue) in the manual description, too. Is this on purpose, or a typo?

Also, I know for a fact that XM has their head up their @$$, and can't fix any of my problems. So, I tend to believe that they screwed something up when I was trying to take care of the issue below.

Example: my email address is XXXX @ adelphia . net and they put me down as XXXX @ adellfeay . com for my username. Now, they say that they can't change usernames, so I'm stuck with XXXX @ adellfeay . com... idiots

I'll look around if I have an XM Data cable that isn't in my car... if I do then I never gave it to the installer, and that's hopefully the problem.

Thanks for the help!

Yes, the NavTraffic definitely needs that XM DATA cable. I could be wrong, but I think it is for NavTraffic specifically. It may do more, but I have confirmed XM radio works without that cable in place.

I don't know about the cable colors, I thought mine was black on both ends. It's a smaller gauge cable if I recall correctly, off the top of my head I'm thinking about the thickness of a USB cable with really small connectors on the ends just a little larger than the mini USB connectors on digital cameras.