AVIC411.com

Does the Z2 have climate control built in?

I am considering getting a Z2 in my 03 TL to replace my OEM Nav unit. The OEM unit has one feature I haven't seen mentioned here, the ability to control the A/C functions. There are separate controls under the nav forcold, heat, rear defrost and front defrost, however, in the OEM unit, you have the ability to chose where the heat/cold is blowing (feet, feet & chest, chest, etc.) as well as the fan speed. Can the Z2 do this? Or would I am I SOL?

Thanks

Inconsequently it will not work directly you will lose that feature in your car but you can look around online for after market company named PAC they make after market hook ups for this same situation ie steering wheel controls, hvac and so forth

Great, thanks

Damn. I could remove the double din Bose radio & cd changer combo and put it in there, but I don't like the idea of having to look down at the nav vs looking to the right when driving.

I should have gotten one without the nav. If I did, I would still be driving around Georgia looking for the on-ramp.