AVIC411.com

need some help with z2 install

just some quick info, i have a 2005 mercedes clk and bought the metra kit for my car. When i went to fit the avic z2 i noticed that there is a gap between the kit and the avic. My question is, how do i close this gap? the frame that came with the avic is too big for this dash kit. Do i need to have a shop custom install something? I saw on this thread ( http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7801 ) that this memeber has the same kit but has some kind of frame between the avic and the dash kit. I think thats what i need. Thanks in advance....

post-475-12872752687226_thumb.jpg

I don't know about that specific kit, but those metra kits usually also have a trim piece that snaps into that gap. Try to verify through metra's website or by calling them that you got everything in your kit you were suppose to.

i emailed them and they said that that is all the kit comes with. He said to have a local shop fabricate one. I am waiting on the pioneer double din install kit which has the brackets and a trim piece and im hoping that will close the gap

well, i emailed them and they said that the trim ring does not come with my kit. Some metra kits do and some dont. I verified it in the metra website's pdf file. You guys think a local shop can fabricate one? is that one piece gonna be expensive???