AVIC411.com

GMLAN Interface - GMAHLANB or OS3-BOSE

All -

I am about to install a AVIC-D3 with XM and BT into my wife's 2007 GMC Acadia (which has the GMLAN interface). I could have sworn that I read something somewhere that alluded to the fact that some of the early interfaces had some sort of "bugs" that were worked out later. I bought the first interface which supposedly works, a Peripheral GMAHLANB (her Acadia has the Bose system), but a local shop that does installs for the GMC dealership mentioned they were questionable and they'd prefer to use the PAC OS3-BOSE interface. They couldn't seem to state any specfic "bugs", and frankly these look like IDENTICAL units with different stickers on them. Can anyone confirm the GMAHLANB (which I will pair with a PESWIPS for steering controls) works fine with this or a very similar 07-08 GMC? Thanks!!

Mark

there was a problem with the first gen gmlan harness causing the battery to die. I forget what exactly it was doing to cause that, but it was corrected in the newest version. What version they're up to now again I don't know. A quick call to metra though should answer that question.

I use the Peripheral GMAHLANB and PESWIPS just about everyday. No bugs that I have noticed. The Metra pieces had a lot of bug when they first came out, but I think those have been resolved. The only thing I would watch out for is the RAP output of the LAN interface. I have found that it will not support the radio and the PESWIPS. Would cause the radio not to come on half the time. The relay would click on and off when the radio would not come on. Connect the radio's red wire to the RAP output and connect the power lead of the PESWIPS to the radio's amp remote. The PESWIPS will be delayed turning on, but it works and you retain the RAP.

Thanks, all. I went ahead with it today and after the installer first said it wasn't going to work - so far so good. I did see a strange issue this afternoon where it didn't seem the radio was going to turn off, but I did ultimately get it to and it has been working okay since....