AVIC411.com

iPhone pairs with the Z1 as well! Yay!

After 18 mos of no BT (Treo 700W) my system is complete. I've spent about an hour on on the phone through the Z1 and no issues, & noone could tell that I wasn't using the phone directly.

I can't figure out how to transfer the contacts list either, but that's a pretty minor problem in my eyes, since I've never even had BT before, dispite my having all the req'd equipment.

If anyone has questions, lemmie know!

My iPhone is working great with the Z1 as well, much better than my Treo 700p. The caller Id actually works now on the Z1, and I can switch back and forth from the iPhone to the Z1 as many times as I want. Also, the volume on the phone turns the bluethooth volume up and now on the Z1!!! Love this phone.

Unfortunately, the iPhone doesn't seem to have the bluetooth Object Push Profile, which is needed to transfer contacts. Hopefully, Apple will correct this with a software update down the road, but who knows.

Try my workaround that I found for the d3 here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

It may work with the Z series as well, third post down.

That work around doesn't work for the Z1. But this was interesting:

I plugged in my iPhone to the iPod control, said not compatible, do you want to put it in Airplane mode, I said no and carried on. It worked great, as if a regular iPod was connected. I listened to music, got a call, picked up threw the Z1, music paused. When I was done, I hung up on the Z1 and the music picked back up. Only issue was the cell noise but it wasn't that bad.

• 1 month later...

For some reason I cannot get my iphone to pair with my Z1. I've done what the book says over a dozen times. When the phone actually gets to the code screen every number I put in says wrong code. I've tried 1111, 1234, 0000, etc. DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!! Please help so I can get some sleep. Damn, new gadgets!