AVIC411.com

Bypass Information Update

So, with all of this talk about yellow dotted Z2 boxes being bypassable, does this mean that if you already have a bypassed AVIC Z1, that you can safely buy the newly updated maps and still have all the functionality you have now with Ducatiboy's bypass that has been working like a charm for me since August of 2006? I don't even know if I need the new maps, but I would like to have all the new updated features of a Z2 while still enjoying my Z1. If new maps come as an added bonus on top of it, then great. Am I correct in assuming this or do I need to just stay with the old maps on my Z1?

But wouldn't that just prove that the Z2 is bypassable? I'm looking to see if I buy the $250 update disk with new features and maps, that I can still have a bypassed AVIC-Z1. Apparently AVIC-Z2s are just AVIC-Z1s with newer maps and maybe an improves alogrithm for plotting routes. Something software changeable. I am happy with my Z1 as it is (fully bypassed). I could be happier if I got improvements to the operating system of my Z1 and some newer maps (can never have enough updated maps I suppose). However, I don't want to do that if I can no longer make changes on the fly without having to pullover and stop my vehicle and engage my parking brake.

Thanks. I wasn't sure since the early Z1 had a different bypass than the later ones. So, since I believe mine was an early Z1 (pre-June 2006 manufacture date) then DUCATIBOY flasher was a wise purchase that has served me well. Since that Z1 of mine did not require the 2-pin bypass, I didn't know how loaded the update DVD with new maps would affect that version of Z1, since it never had the 2-pin trick to begin with. The best outcome would be getting all new maps and the same flasher circuit continues to work just fine.