AVIC411.com

Today I had my 2005 Suburban hooked up to a nice and shiny AVIC-Z2. On the way home from the installer, my son noticed that most of the features were not highlighted/ selectable. I'm not sure if there is something simple that I'm overlooking or if I should take the car back to the installer.

nav.jpg

Thanks-

• 2 weeks later...

Reading through this forum (like radio doesn't start when hot etc) really makes me want to NOT buy the Avic-Z2. Is there anything that actually does work and is it worth buying one?

Also, it is pretty stupid if you can't do anything with your radio while driving. Can someone tell me please what menus/features/functions actually DO work while driving?

Thank you

well... most importantly (for the most users) is to have access to the address search and so forth. These options are ALWAYS enabled via VoiceCommand (assuming that you have bluetooth unit hooked up)

If you don't, you have to wait until Thursday or so. I've read on another thread in the Hacks forum that Pioneer is releasing some sort of update next thursday which will enable a 2-wire bypass.

00igloo,

You installers probably did you a favor and grounded your e-brake. If they did so, you should see a warning about incorrect e-brake connection. That working pops up only when you start the unit.

Have fun guys!

dimaj