AVIC411.com

AVIC-D1 display issues... Sale Feeler

So I bought a D1 from a buddy who couldnt get the lcd to turn on... the side lights would come on but not the main display, it is out of warranty, and I will send it to pioneer if need be, but I was just wondering if their is something he may have missed or something that should be checked before I give up. thnx guys -sam

yeah I contacted them already, and it is the 200 flat rate... they wont tell you anything till you pay the 200... and this point I'm ready to sell it! like I said the side lights turn on, but not the main LCD... not really sure what a fair price would be, knowing the problem, any ideas guys? -thnx, sam

Do you mean it lights up and turns on white with no image, or it just has dark spots that are unlit?

I might be interested, PM me with your asking price.

If just the backlight, a long, long time ago (well over a decade ago), I had an old 386SX laptop with shattered backlight. I was able to buy some suitable replacement bulbs from jkllamps.com. I think the price was reasonable, and at the time they sold to consumers. Looks like they don't anymore, but they might be able to tell you who sells one that will fit the D1.

Audio shop called,and they said it needs to go to pioneer,or another authorized repair facility... so it will be $200 to get fixed, they still were'nt sure what was wrong with the display... if anyone wants it, I'll sell it for 200 shipped... let me know.