AVIC411.com

Well if you get the new Z2 there is a bypass available if you buy one from June 2007 or newer. It's the same bypass that was used on the Z1.

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

Ducatiboy sums it up pretty well.

If you don't bypass you will not be able to use most Navi functions while moving and there is no DVD viewing either not that you should be watching DVDs while driving anyway. This stuff is all over this website, just try to search next time. Hope that helps!

k thanks for the info, yah i understand why they bypass it for the dvd viewing but 90% of time im traveling my fiancee is with me so she would be controlling it anyways... yah i tried doing search but it comes up with 90% of people asking when the bypass is gonna come out.... Didnt know that the NEW avic-Z2 bypass wasnt actually true i wont be buying for another 2-3 weeks so i should be good then....

See thats what most of my searches pull up... people like alloutgraphx who cant read the other 1000 posts about "I NEED AVIC-Z2 BYPASS"....im hoping the same thing shotgun , i havnt seen anyone truly confirm that new bypass yet.... im crossing my fingers it happens when im ready to buy the unit... ill get it either way though

well excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me ipguy, this was my first time checking out this site and the forum, so before I had the chance to read all the other posts, I asked my question. I bought the unit without realizing it wasn't bypassable. I found a way to bypass the unit but unfortunately, it would mean cutting wires and possibly voiding the warranty. But I've heard it works and has been tested. - not sure if I want to risk killing my warranty with pioneer

I found a way to bypass the unit but unfortunately, it would mean cutting wires and possibly voiding the warranty. But I've heard it works and has been tested. - not sure if I want to risk killing my warranty with pioneer

and what would this bypass be??

well excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me ipguy, this was my first time checking out this site and the forum, so before I had the chance to read all the other posts, I asked my question. I bought the unit without realizing it wasn't bypassable. I found a way to bypass the unit but unfortunately, it would mean cutting wires and possibly voiding the warranty. But I've heard it works and has been tested. - not sure if I want to risk killing my warranty with pioneer

well i dont know what douchebag told that, but if that were true we all would have done it by now. there is no wiring bypass for the z2. and if you take two minutes to look around you'll see that this has been asked a million times, so thats why some people may get a little annoyed at it being asked again without searching