AVIC411.com

Screen Protector...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="ScottCA"]Anyone using a screen protector sheet like a nushield? How easy is the Z1 to clean fingerprints off of?

~Scott[/quote]

I too have been concerned about damage to the screen. I found this company that seems to make an amazing product.

[url=http://www.shieldzone.com/]http://www.shieldzone.com/[/url]

If they are for real then this product has got to be the best screen protector out there. Check out the videos. Seems to be virtually indestructable and completely transparent.

I ordered a Clarion OHM-D74 Screen Shield. According to clarion it has a 7" TFT display so it should fit on the Z1.

I use screen protectors on my PDA phone and have to constatly replace them. They get all scratched up. If theses guys live up to their claims you should never have to buy another screen protector.

I ordered 1 for the Z1, 1 for my cell phone and 1 for my kids Nintendo DS

I will keep you posted and will post pictures after installing.
I have contacted boxwave about their screen protectors. They make the best (no lie) screen protectors out there. I use them on my pda and have never had a problem with them. The antiglare ones are great because they show no oil or fingerprints and reduce glare (thus the name). They also have a crystal clear version, but they do show oils/fingerprints. They are good because they are crystal clear, like there is absolutely no protector on it.

They are kind of expensive $12 for a PDA, but they are the best ones I have tried (I have tried about 10 different brands). They are definitely worth the money to protect your screen, I go through one about every six months on my PDA, but I also carry it in my pocket. I think one on a Z1 would last at least a year if not longer.
[quote name="caimakale"]I have contacted boxwave about their screen protectors. They make the best (no lie) screen protectors out there. I use them on my pda and have never had a problem with them. The antiglare ones are great because they show no oil or fingerprints and reduce glare (thus the name). They also have a crystal clear version, but they do show oils/fingerprints. They are good because they are crystal clear, like there is absolutely no protector on it.

They are kind of expensive $12 for a PDA, but they are the best ones I have tried (I have tried about 10 different brands). They are definitely worth the money to protect your screen, I go through one about every six months on my PDA, but I also carry it in my pocket. I think one on a Z1 would last at least a year if not longer.[/quote]

How do they compare to the Sheildzone?
From the videos it seems that one Sheildzone protector could last for years. The are supposedly indestructable and completely invisible. They were supposedly created to protect helcopter blades. The videos look convincing but I am still skeptical.
One other thing. Shieldzone offers a lifetime replacement of the protector if it gets scratched. Here's their warranty from their site

"The invisibleSHIELD purchase includes a lifetime replacement guarantee. We want you to feel safe and secure when investing in your digital life, and are confident that the invisibleSHIELD is the strongest and most durable protection you will find. Purchasing an invisibleSHIELD will protect your investment for the life of your device.

The lifetime replacement guarantee is simply what it says. If your invisibleSHIELD ever becomes scratched, torn or damaged in any way while protecting your device, we will replace the invisibleSHIELD for free, for life."

Now that makes me feel pretty good since I replace my crappy screen protectors on my cell phone once a month.

Still anxiously awaiting its arrival. I will post my review after using it.
  • 3 weeks later...
Well I got my Shieldzone protectors in the mail. I ordered the Clarion OHM-D74 Screen Shield it is listed a a 7" screen. It turns out to be slightly taller than the Z1 and a hair less wide. So I cut it down to fit. The shortnes in the width is not enough to be noticable. About 1/32" on each side.

I am amazed a how invisible and durable this thing is. No loss of brightness on the screen.

I bought one for my cell phone and one for my kids nintendo. So far I find them to be the bes screen savers around.

Check out the videos on their website!
  • 3 months later...
sorry, I forgot to link the page...

[url=http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/PNRAVICZ1.html]http://www.shieldzone.com/item_descript ... VICZ1.html[/url]

I called and they gave me the dimensions... 6.1" x 3.2"

Doing the math, this works out to be just shy of 6.9"

so I am confident that it is indeed for the 7" z1, as opposed to the 6.5" N3, which is pictured incorrectly on the website...

I have ordered so I will get back to you with my thoughts if anyone is interested.
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="ScottCA"]Anyone using a screen protector sheet like a nushield? How easy is the Z1 to clean fingerprints off of?

~Scott[/quote]

My suggestion would be a piece of 3M plastic, used normally for car bras. Works great for me - its really strong and no smudging, fingerprints or glare.