AVIC411.com

Hello all AVIC users!

I just recently bought an AVIC-Z2 and I was reading on all the forums I could to learn about this device, seems like alot of people are having lots of troubles with display and also the bypass for the Z2. Personally, I'm starting to think I wasted a HUGE chunk of change on this thing? or should I think otherwise? I love all the features on this system and im happy with it, but the moment my screen is blank, im'a FREAK OUT! hehe. anywho, Iv'e read alot about the whole bypass issue, there are lots of threads with a whole lotta different ideas. What I was wondering was if anyone is certain on how to bypass the Z2? or are we all still waiting to be updated?

Thanks!

~Mikey~

Welcome to the forums Mikey. The AVIC Z1/Z2's are great units...but they have their quirks. These range from minor inconveniences to users complaining of units not starting due to heat. There is no current bypass for the Z2's, and any speculation of one is just that. In all honesty, no one really knows if the Z2 will be bypassable. Obviously we hope to prove Pioneer otherwise.

I recall somebody saying that you could downgrade your Z2 to Z1 and use Z1's bypass... Granted you are going to lose a few features (not sure which once), but at least you will have a fully functionable unit 24/7 without any restrictions.

All you have to do is unlock your drive, back it up, get your hands on Z1 file system and restore it to your drive. Once it boots up, you should have a Z1 with a Z2 logo on the faceplate :)

I'm actually seriously considering that option right now...

dimaj

I recall somebody saying that you could downgrade your Z2 to Z1 and use Z1's bypass... Granted you are going to lose a few features (not sure which once), but at least you will have a fully functionable unit 24/7 without any restrictions.

All you have to do is unlock your drive, back it up, get your hands on Z1 file system and restore it to your drive. Once it boots up, you should have a Z1 with a Z2 logo on the faceplate :)

I'm actually seriously considering that option right now...

dimaj

this is true I got a new drive and a Z1 image and stored away my Z2 drive until the bypass is out.

This link could give you the info about where to get a hard drive. Also I should add that I live in the southwest and daily temps are above 100 degrees F and I've never had a "system freeze" during boot using this drive. it may be worth a try for those that are having that problem. The HDD may or may not be the cause but this is low cost way to answer that question. :lol:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 0&start=30

this whole bypass situation sucks... IT PISSES ME OFF! lol, I think ill give it a month or so and see if anyone confirms a bypass, and if not, im sending my unit into pioneer saying that there is a problem with the unit, then maybe they will update the software and MAYBE, just maybe, it will be able to be bypassed lol.