AVIC411.com

Cheap Security Solution *Face Cover*

a bit pricey for a piece of plastic

can someone take a picture of the other side of the X33746052

a bit pricey for a piece of plastic? maybe. A bit pricey for a piece of mind? no.

Mine should arrive shortly, so I'll snap some pics of the back and post 'em.

well yea for a piece of plastic... of course. but for security reasons, i guess it's worth it just for that... but in reality... its just a piece of $31 plastic.

i was thinking of doing this or buying an old double din oem radio from the junk yard, possible for the same price. dont care if it works or not.

anyways, i'd appreciate it if you can take pix of the back side. i want to see how snug it fits.

Ok everyone, I just got my D3 and my face cover arrived today. It's been awhile since I've had one of these covers, so there are a couple of considerations I didn't mention before:

1) You'll see in the pictures that the cover comes with a clip that inserts into the cassette player on the radio it was made for.

2) Use a dremel (or a box cutter may work) and shave off the cassette clip

3) After you shave it off, cover the shaved area with duct tape. It won't reach the screen anyway, but I do this just as a precaution.

4) The cover snaps on perfectly with the D3!!

post-10363-12872752741699_thumb.jpg

post-10363-12872752742365_thumb.jpg

post-10363-12872752742806_thumb.jpg

post-10363-1287275274324_thumb.jpg

post-10363-12872752743768_thumb.jpg

post-10363-12872752744141_thumb.jpg

DAMN!!! Sony called me today, you got the last DAMN one forever, there going to try and find another one that they may still have but im not holding my pee. :(

You're sh*ttin' me.......no way! That sucks man....they should have more of those somewhere!!

Have you tried any of the 3rd party Sony part dealers? Like these folks:

http://www.partstore.com/sl/2/index10865.html

BigTex thanks for the link. They did list the part number and it gives a ship time of 4 to 6 days. I did call them and they said that it appeared that they had none for now. I put an order in for one anyway. We will see what happens.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...