AVIC411.com

Correctly burning .mp3's to an audio disk..

Hi all,

Had the AVIC-HD3BT installed yesterday.

The improvement to the stock speakers in the VW Jetta was amazing.

Ripping normal cd's to the hard drive is easy.

I have some large (like 2 hour long) .mp3 files that I have been breaking into two smaller sizes of about 1 hour each. I have burnt these (with nero) to cds with no problems, but, the AVIC is having a problem.

It can read the cd's ok, but the naming structure I am using is confusing it.

This is my structure:

mp3 file (2 hours long) = songname1

I create 2 audio .cda cd's = songname1a & songname1b.

Throw these into the AVIC, it reads and rips them fine.

Next,

mp3 file (2 hours long) = songname2

I create 2 audio .cda cd's = songname2a & songname2b.

Throw songname2a cd into the AVIC, it will play it, BUT, it recognises it as songname1a and therefore will not rip it as it thinks the track is already ripped.

I have made sure that any data field in the .mp3 which refers to the track/song name is the same throughout the file.

Has anyone got any ideas or better yet come across this and has a solution.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this query - got me a bit stumped at the moment.

Thanks,

Geoff.

Thanks mazdaspeed,

I have been doing that as well.

For example,

I edited in the AVIC songname2a & changed it to songname2aa.

I then inserted cd with songname3a into AVIC - the AVIC identified it as songname2aa.

Did the same with another cd with songname4a - AVIC identified it also as songname2aa.

The one thing about 2a, 3a & 4a was all songs have the exact same intro for 20 seconds or so, then the music changes. This leads me to ask how does the AVIC recognise the cd, just purely from the Artist & Track information, or does it also analyse some of the music as well and cross compare to its database?

Really got me buggered now.

If it compares the first x seconds or minutes of a song to the current library contents, it is just plain stupid...

Here's an example:

I like artist A who has X albums. One of the albums is a collection of best songs and it so happens that two albums start with the same 2 songs, but then contents change... If Avic was to compare, it will not rip your second CD?

That shouldn't be the case...

I'm sure you already did this, but I'm just double-checking... did you create any CD-Text information on your audio CD?

maybe if it sees the same CD-Text information (like CD title, instead of Song title) it will flip out and say that this is a duplicate even though songs are different. You know what I mean?

Good luck.

dimaj

Yep,

I know exactly what you mean.

I have double and triple checked, each of three mp3's have the exact same intro for 20 seconds or so, then the audio changes.

Each cd has absolutely no crossover of track or album references, meaning each cd is unique.

I am burning once more as a test to see if nero is somehow caching the previous cds info and screwing things up that way.

Well I'm buggered.

It did it again. Only when I burnt a totally different artist & album did the AVIC recognise the new artist/album. After the successful ripping of that album I then tried my earlier songname2a album. Once again the AVIC said it was songname1a.

I tried burning with winamp and windows media player 11 - sasme result. The AVIC has trouble with the album name and track name.

I can always rename the track name in the AVIC, but unfortunately I can't touch the album name, and this is my main problem.

If I can get the ID3 tag album name info correct on the mp3, then the rest should be ok - but I can't.