AVIC411.com

GEX-P5700TV TV Tuner Question

I'm about to have the AVIC-N3 installed in my car, whenever it gets here, and I'm also waiting on a GEX-P5700 TV Tuner. Does anyone else have an N3/GEX combo installed? I was wondering how the interface is... is it similar to the iPod thing where there's little control but not much? Or, is there better integration between the units? Also, does the GEX come with a remote? thx
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I have a question about TV tuners if I may? I just purchased the N3 and the 5700TV. I know the 5700 comes with its own antennas, but I use to use the older 7000TV tuner in my car and have the amplified ANG3 antennas already wired up. Would I have any problems using those instead? Also, Can an older TV tuners like the 7000TV be used with a newer system like the N3? Thank you in advanvce.
First off, any broadcast TV reception while you drive is going to be like trying to watch tv with a set of rabbit-ear antennas duct-taped to a hyperactive 4-year-old who got a hold of some espresso. If you are stationary, the picture is decent, but much better than most of the other tuners I have worked with. I've had good luck with mounting the antennas on the upper corners of the windshield, but most of my customer base is Magnums, 300's, Chargers, Hummers and diesel pickups, mostly Fords. The control of the Pioneer tuner from the N3 is just as good as the AM/FM tuner interface, with seek, presets, auto search, etc.. The 7000tv can be modified to work with the newer Z/D/N? units. See this----> [url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1350&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=7000tv]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=7000tv[/url]
  • 2 weeks later...
I finally got my setup installed today. I installed the N3, 5700Tv, DEQ-P8000, and AXM-P8000. All seems to be working ok except for the TV tuner, I switch the AXM source to TV and I get sound from the tuner, but no video on the screen. And when I pull up the sources on the N3, the option for TV is grayed out??? Is there some setting on the N3 that needs to be turned on to recognize the unit attached? And, yes I connected the IP and AV cables. Thank you in advance...