AVIC411.com

d1 d2 nav disc locked in unit!!

Hey all,

my stupid pioneer rep showed us that we can "lock" the nav disc in the unit so that no one can steal it. all you had to do was hold down a couple of buttons. so now when u hold down the open button it folds down to expose the drive but the eject button does nothing.

well now 2 years later ive sold the unit and the customer needs to be able to switch disks. pioneer tells me that they dont give out that info, and that i need to contact my rep. well as most reps dont keep there jobs for more than a couple years hes not reachable.

so does anyone know how to "unlock" it? pleeeeese

(p.s. this is a retarded feature that can only cause problems, like a security code!)

ok i finally answered my own question. ill put it on here for future reference

unit on: press and hold a/v and info buttons

while holding press reset button and continue holding the 2 buttons.

release them when the pioneer logo shows on the screen.

after that the dvd drive should lock the nav disk in or unlock it

thanks me.

Ya, the "stupid" Pioneer reps (quote from the brilliant OP...Not me) do that with all our N and D series displays. They also give you a flyer with how to undo it, but this guy apparently didn't bother to save the flyer. Good times!

That's a cool trick to keep from losing discs on display units. Thanks for the info. I've had a couple discs 'disappear' from my demo units, so, thanks for the heads-up.

Gee, thanks, reps. Sorry if I seem a bit off, but it is 5am here, and I am just finishing up a night of pro-level Jagermeister and Miller Lite disposal. As far as I can tell, right now, I am a 4-legged animal. I need hashbrowns.

Having to go through "unlocking" your display unit, even if it entails contacting your rep and waiting for him to walk you through "unlocking" it, I'm sure it is much easier than trying to replace the $300 set of discs that some crackhead walked off with and sold on the streets for $17.35 and a couple of Colt 45 40's.

I've had them walk up to the shop, peddling the cd player I installed in someone's car just a few weeks before! WAIT!!!!, --- I actually had one crackhead swipe an MTX Thunder T-9512 (it was blown, and there for warranty, waiting to be shipped out), - already NOT an easy object to run off with - or hide - so, he got away with it, and then, a couple weeks later, try to get it repaired!!!! AT OUR FRIGGIN' SHOP!!!!! I'm very surprised that I didn't hear his big, brass balls clinking together when he came in!!!!??!!!