AVIC411.com

Just Bought The 700HD (american) For the Z-1!!!!

The 700Hd is out on the net but you can't buy it right??? i just bought mine from Pioneer. The lady told me they wasnt going to put a Buy Now button up for awhile. So. you have to call the parts office in i think long beach?? im not sure At. 1-866-214-1310 i called monday and left a message they called me back today and told me i could buy it and would be shipped monday yes the 700HD so if yall wnat to go that route there ya go.... sorry i couldnt get on before 5 but yeah you can get it from them if you call.......

Yea good luck. I ordered the CNDV70mtp discs for the Nx/Dx AVICs last Tuesday, and still has not shipped yet, even though I paid for the expedited shipping as well. Emails have not been answered by them yet. I hope their call center is open tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah i got my update installed it and everything go new maps and couple of other changes and i have the 2 wire bypass and it didnt effect that so the bypass still works

It would be nice if at some point Pioneer posts up a "Release Notes" for it (probably wont happen) so I know what all I would be getting. It seems like the biggest part is the maps.

Can any one else comment on this?

From the pictures, the Z2 (or Z1 updated) appears to have a better 3D mode. Besides the new streets, etc. in the map updates and updated POIs, what else has changed?

I mean, I honestly could care less about the maps. Tucson doesn't change!!! What other benefits are there?

Thanks guys!

Supposed to add 3D icons, newer maps, up-to-date POI, newer gracenote. Nothing big

If they added all that and stuff like updates to the XM interface, iPod interface, make the menus display fast like th D3 (not animated like current z1/z2). But I have to admit,my maps and POI in Cali are fine. I'm not paying $250. But it just got released, i'll wait to see if I can get it cheaper (as in free)

thats another thing i dont think you can use the same one twice you have to get the device number off your unit and the media number form the upgrade cd and go to this website and get a password for the upgrade to even start the upgrade... as far as the unpgrade manual gose it upgrades the keyboard so you can use small letters, and new 2d and 3d mode, can select weatehr to display the adress book icon on the map screen 3d landmarks, upgrade xm special contents, hand free phoneing, wider time select range, able to customize the splash screen and additional voice operations........ i know it doesnt sound like much but im bout to be moving to a whoel new part of the usa so it will help me out with the new maps