AVIC411.com

avicd3 goes from radio, to cd, to off, to cd, to att. proble

Anyone have any suggestions about radio changing sources intermittently. I have no idea why it does it. All I can think of is that it can be from a strong anteana source that I drive by, because att can only be operated by having a remote. Since I have no remote for my device then that is the only thing that I can think of. Another thing I can think of is heat? It can be hot for a week straight 90 degree F+, but it still won't do it everyday. I'm really confused, because I'm not sure if there is a possible short or something is defective within the system. I'm at a lost so any comments would be appreciated.

I bought it through amazon.com and the company that was selling it was Etronics.com. I had it installed by exreme autosport in my town. He had done some tint work and had already installed 2 different cd players in my car. I liked his work, but I had a hard time deciding on what deck that I wanted. No, I don't have a steering wheel interface. I could do with out volume, mute, and track change on my steering wheel. I will go by this week and let him look at it to see if maybe a wire is not connected correctly that is causing the problem. I bought the unit new, but my installer told me that it had be installed before but worked fine. It has only messed up a total of 3 times, since I've had it. It never does it for long, but is frustrating when it happens. I know with my last single din pioneer it hated heat and would not want to eject cd's when my car sat in the sun all day. This is my second pioneer unit and I'm not sure if it's a pioneer issue or something that really is defective in the unit. Thanks for the suggestion and I will look into this further.