AVIC411.com

2007 Tundra

I just received my double din install kit from Metra. A little disappointed....it's just a basic flat black finish and doesn't match the glossy black around temp controls.

Has anyone done and install of a D3 in the '07 Tundra and how did it go with wiring and finding the VSS wires?

Thanks

I just did it on my 07 Tundra. It was VERY easy. I used the toyota harness, which made things a bit easier. The VSS wire was very simple to find and easy to tap into.

Let me know if you want me to send you the pdf via email, showing the vss wire.

I've talked with Metra several times, and it doesn't sound like there are any near term plans to get the gloss black finish. There are a few pix on tundrasolutions.com of someone that painted theirs and it matches almost perfect.

Shacall, Thanks for the info. Any chance you took install pics?

I may go ahead and let an installer do the job. The instructions that came with the Metra kit aren't perfect and I'm afraid to go pulling on dash pieces that are supposed to slide out easily.

Thanks

Todd

• 4 weeks later...
Todd,

You can see some pix here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9472383@N08/?saved=1

I would do the job yourself. I'd be more than happy to send you instructions on how to rip the dash apart (pdf from Toyota). It really was a much easier job than I had anticipated. Let me know if you want some pdf's, and I'll send them to you.

Gary

I finally found you on the fourms Gary from Ts.This place is a great source of information.

Erik aka Tundrav8georgia