AVIC411.com

Need some Info and some help please

Got some questions for you guys. Im sure your expertise can help me out.

1- first question is, does anyone else notice that the D3 is a little innacurate? I do have my antennae installed inside my car (the front of my dash), would that have anything to do with it? Would i be better installing it on the top of my trunk or roof? The unit sometimes take a while before it places me on the right street

2- Do you guys put the travel setting on "shortest" or "fastest". I find the D3 takes me the long way a lot. My parents have the Garmin C550 (i think) and it takes me the short way to get to my gf's house, but when i used the D3, it takes me a totally different way, and actually a bit longer. Anyone else experience this?

3- Last thing, is there anyway i can check for POI searches by distance? Like which one is closest. Example, i was in ottawa yesterday and i wanted to find the closest Tim Hortons. So i searched through POI and it gave me a whole bunch, but they weren't categorized by distance, so when i would click on one of the results, i would be chosing blind, and for all i could know, the tim hortons i was chosing was in the far west part of the city instead of the one right around the corner. Can i change an option somewhere, or do an advanced search so the unit will show me which search is closest?

I know this is plenty long, but hopefully you guys can help me.

Thanks a whole bunch

Joey

Joey,

I've only had my D3 installed for 1 day, so I can't answer all of your questions. However...

1) I believe if you tap into the VSS wire, you'll get much better results. I've tapped into mine, and have no issues that you described.

2) I have mine set to fastest, but that's just because it's the default

3) On the D3, there is no way to sort the POI by distant. Kind of sucks. You have to use vicinity search for it to sort by distance.