AVIC411.com

Ok so I have my iPod and XM hooked up to my N3.... and no matter what source I'm using whenever the music hits a specific picth, note, cord, tone, ect the music cuts out on me--- So any type of song with alot of treble in it is hell.. Now YES i've tried lowering all the settings and such and even had my installer take a look at the problem....tested the speakers with a diffrent head unit---and even tried another N3 unit and the N3 is the only unit to give me this problem....his only idea was to amp my rear speakers-----has anyone had any trouble like this? or have any ideas? if none of this explination makes sence please just ask me what part ur not clear on---i need to get this fixed...i drive an 2005 jeep Wrangler and driving with the top down and the volume on 40 is just pointless!

these are the specs on the speakers i have installed....

http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFREF6010CS

also my installer swapped out the speakers with some kenwoods, he also changed head units [[[tried a sony and a kenwood unit] he also tried a 2nd N3 and onyl the N3's caused this problem........ it also makes no diffrence if the fader is cranked all the way towards the front or rear

anyone have any helpful tips on EQ settings or frequencies i should use?

the reason why i asked if you have component system was because i just finished installing my system and i also have avic-n3. i was having the same problem before .... the sound would just cut out at high volume. what i did to fix it was reset the headunit so all the settings are in flat and then just set the gain of your amp conservatively.

i'm not sure if this will fix your problem, but just a thought. it did fix my problem so i'm just sharing my experinence.

I would also run some new power and grd wires to the radio. Maybe the radio is not getting enough current to power the internal amp at higher volumes. Either shorts or not enough current are the common causes of loss of audio at higher volumes.

Is you audio somewhat destorted at all volume levels? If so, it could be a short in the speaker wires. In the past I've seen where poor connections at the c-overs of the seps caused these types of problems. Look for loose strainds of wire at the crossover spk connections. Poor sound quality and loss of audio all togeather could come from these strainds touching a neighboring terminal. Also check the back of each spk to make sure the terminals are not touching any metal.

You can disconnect all the speaker wires from behind the radio and check them for shorts to ground and to each other. Also use a test spk to test each output of the radio. If everything test fine, then connect them back one at a time and check for audio cutting out at high vol. Check after each spk is connected. This will alow you to narrow down your problem.

ok..... I'll check the radio wiring problem seems like a valid tip and could cause the problem----- i know it has nothign to do with the speakers or their wiring becasue everythign works fine with a diffrent head unit------ its just annaoying to crank the music up, and each time it gets loud or theres a high note or such "MUTE" comes on the screen for a second and the volume cuts out-----the people at Pioneer werent very helpful either---thye told me to either exchange my unit where i bought it or send it in for repairs---and like my posts above show that wasnt very helpful