AVIC411.com

Detour from Current Route

I have the Z1 that was professionally installed including the parking brake hookup. Been using the unit for several months and have one issue that I can not seem to either find or solve in the manual (including searching these forums for the word "detour")

In other NAV systems I have used, there is an easy way to deal with the need to detour from the current route. Either a traffic accident, road closure, or whatever...I am looking for a easy way to instruct my Z1 to come up with a new route...

Another example is with my XMtraffic module - if it detects an accident ahead and I press the yellow icon on the map, it discribes the issue in a seperate dialog box, but the Detour button is greyed out.

Am I missing something?
GREAT QUESTION! hope it gets answered soon....the only suggestion i have is for you to cancel the route your on and resubmit into the ZI where it is you want to go and browse thru the route options before you select one.....
Isn't that what the detour button is for? I don't get it either. Why is it grayed out when it picks up an accident? Seems kinda dumb to have to re-program your destination when a detour button is already there. What's the point in having the button if it doesn't work???
You can try the "Re-Route" statement after pressing the Voice Command Key (you can use this request from the main voice menu).

I used this the other day and it worked well. Not sure if it makes an effort to truely detour your route, but does re calculate your route from where you are.
:BUMP

Don't let this topic die, I want an answer.

I cannot believe this hasn't been answered yet, let alone made known to the public. The detour feature for the z1 simply sucks. Once in a while the xm nav traffic pops up and tells me there is traffic ahead and would I like to reroute, in this occasion I will say yes and it will work fine. In all other occasions if I have a route programmed into the unit it will not let me reroute, even though the button is there it is grayed out and the only way to reroute yourself is to turn off they highway or path your following. The problem with this is the z1 will then try to navigate you back onto the highway or whatever path you were just taking. There has to be an answer to this. Please tell me I didn't dish out $$$$ for a gps that won't even reroute properly.

Software updates? I've heard of none yet..
Mine has done it a couple times, but still worked the other times. I think it greys out the detour button when they arn't options available.

However, the times I do get to press the detour button it says "Traffic incident unavoidable.

Hope this helps,

Duke