AVIC411.com

During my first long trip with my Z2 and XM (w/navtraffic) yesturday, I was listening to my library, and decided to switch over to xm.

Well it said 'no signal'?

went back to the map, and the navtraffic said it had no signal as well.

I thought maybe a blown fuse, but the xm icon wasnt greyed out, and would act like it wanted to work, showed ESPN logo and all, just no signal.

then I thought the antenna might have gotten messed up, so when I stopped for fuel I checked the antenna and wire, no apparent frays or problems.

so I went on about my trip, with no XM.

it was dark when I got to my destination, so I didnt mess with it.

But this morning, I start the truck, and boom, there is XM.

My XM box is mounted in the dash above the glovebox where no air could get to it, but I didnt think they really needed cooling air. and I had been running my AC the whole time, so the ambient temperature around the dash wouldnt have been all that bad.

any ideas??? :?:

Try replacing the antenna. Those boxes don't over heat. They don't even get warm to the touch. 9 times of 10 when a customer has the problem you're describing replacing the antenna fixes the problem. It's very hard to see a break in the wire since it's just like the coax cable that plugs into your tv. There's a second conductor that runs the center of the radio. If that breaks or shorts against the ground sheild in the wire it'll cause the problem you're describing.