AVIC411.com

No commercials much better content

No commercials??? Just becuase they only play Sirius/XM commercials does not mean that they are commercial free. They are still advertising for themselves.

Listen to station 1 on Sirius? I really don't care for the brittney spears commentary. If I wanted it, I would flip to the SNL channel (does that even exist?). I want music and music only...back to back. My iPod does this.

Speaking of station 1, that is the only 21st centry pop station on Sirrius. If Justin Timberlake comes on, I want to change it, but none of the other stations I listen to. And I can't listen to them anyways going under a tunnel, under a bridge, or in a parking garage when I want to set off car alarms!!! For that I flip to FM or iPod.

Playboy radio is cool though...for a few minutes. I personally could care less about sports.

I can honestly say that satillate radio, both XM and Sirrius (lifetime subscriptions) were the worst purchases I have made.

FM radio here (Tucson, AZ) is awesome. We have quite a few pop stations, great reception, and if there is a commercial, I change the station! Best of all it's free!!!

Come on Pioneer, HD radio was around before the Z1...where the hell is it???

LOL Bad excuses for not getting SatRad. I agree, if all you listen to is pop music, then stick with free radio. SatRad is so much more. It is for the open minded who enjoy MANY broad ranges of music not easily heard on free radio. But if New Kids on the Block, Vanilla Ice, and MC Hammer are your thing, enjoy free fm ;)

PS - I get perfect signals drive through underpasses, parking garages, and tunnels, and even my portable XM in my basement. XM has a far superior ground repeater network than Sirius.

Really? XM is better?

It was my understanding that XM's satillates are angled at a narrower degree (higher above) therefore giving better coverage with skyscrapers and mountains. Sirrius' are wider angled, therefore giving better bridge/parking garage coverage.

In addition, I thought that XM uses a VBR datastream, where as Sirrius uses a CBR, giving less coloration. People on other forums reported that Sirrius just sounded better.

Both are not great in my opinion as far as audio quality (Complete Polk SR sound system, $12,000+). iPod with 320kbps mp3s or a lossless format is much better.

Maybe this is just me...

Sirius does play nice music, but has more DJs.

XM needs to start playing more diverse music, but their tech is better.

XM's satellites are geosynchronous, Sirius is geostationary. Geosynchronous is the better way to transmit. Rumor is that Sirius' next satellite launch will be geosynchronous now.

Sirius does play nice music, but has more DJs.

XM needs to start playing more diverse music, but their tech is better.

XM's satellites are geosynchronous, Sirius is geostationary. Geosynchronous is the better way to transmit. Rumor is that Sirius' next satellite launch will be geosynchronous now.

Yea probably making all the tuners out right now obsolete..greeeaattt

Actually, Sirius has the better satellite transmission. Sirius beams their signal at a much steeper angle so interference is less likely. XM has so many repeaters because they NEED them.

Also, I have both XM and Sirius tuners with my D3. The sound quality of Sirius is so much better than XM. I have the latest XM tuner and the previous SIR-PNR1 Sirius tuner. The XM tuner is faster but the music is very flat.