AVIC411.com

CNDV700HD update disk

I bought a Z2 from a car audio dealer in Auburn last April. Sales guy promised me he could bypass the unit if he installed it. I let them install and guess what, they never could bypass. I went over there a few days ago after reading a bypass was out. Brian goes oh dude, I can fix you up now, can you leave your car for a few hours.. I said for real, can you do it, he said i promis... Well folks, my Z2 is bypassed. I dont know what he did, and he wont tell me. I have since drove from sacramento to ridgecrest and back and never had a glitch or warning. everything works, nav, dvd, setup, everything. Brian with Car Tunes said they are only doing customer cars only, on a one on one. I think he has to know you a little bit, or you got to be major pissed at him. I suspect he did the dvd upgrade, because i have a toyota 4 runner and it takes more than an hour or so to remove the radio. I dont notice anything else that might reflect an upgrade, but i do know it works like a charm.. Now I like the Z2 better the Eclipse 5495 in my Titan.

What 4runner takes an hour to take the radio out? The only radio I have ever seen take near that long to remove from the car was a vw jetta only because the locking tabs for the radio keys were broken. The whole lower dash had to be removed.

maybe im wrong there, I have never had the radio out. I paid somone to do it and was told radio install was min 3 hours. I also looked on an online instruction site for the 2007 toyota 4runner sport and it explained removing half the center console and part of the lower dash, I assumed the car stereo shop was correct and trusted their explanation. Did i get screwed? Full install with 4 sperakers, amps and head unit was $600. They did a nice job and built a mini box attached to back side of the rear seat for two amps. They also carperted it, looks nice. I've been told i got a good deal. Besides, they didnt charge for my bypass so i dont feel to bad now.

I've got the same stuff in both vehichles, Polk 6" components, JBL 12" in base with their enclousure, Eclipse Pro amps. My Titan has the Eclipse 5495 head unit and it sounds a lot better than the Z2 in the 4 runner. It may be the vehicle dymanics. The Titan has a lot titer space, where as the 4 runner is more open. The stereo shop wants to install a line driver, at least thats what i think he said, to improve the sound on the Z2. He wants $500 installed. I dont know, it seems like a waste of money, I told him i would like to hear one installed on someone elses vehicle but he hasnt invited me for that yet. Maybe some of you know if it is good or not. The 4 runner is my wifes vehicle so not too excited yet to do anything more unless i knew for sure.

The line driver may help a bit, the z's preout voltage is around 2 volts where as the eclipses preout voltage is 4 or more. The other thing you're going to run into though is eclipse is just an overall better sounding peice of equipment. Better tone controls and whatnot.