AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 install in 2006 Corvette complete.

I finally got the D3 installed along with an Alpine amp and Pioneer components in the doors. Next week I'm gutting the car and adding dynamat and heat shield padding throughout the car. The D3 is a great HU so far and the Pioneer components are sweet!

Pics below

DSCN1579.jpg

DSCN1593.jpg

DSCN1594.jpg

DSCN1617.jpg

DSCN1613.jpg

DSCN1610.jpg

DSCN1614.jpg

Thanks for the comments. The Metra kit does fill out all gaps but the color and texture is different than the other trim around it (i.e. AC controls, ashtray, etc...)

I'm planning to remove it, sand it, and paint it to match the flat black color of the other trim pieces.

To continues with the thread jacking... For the eblement you'll want to take the factory brackets off the stock radio. Mount those to the d3. Then pickup a 99-7801. The only part of that kit you'll be using is the front fascia. Clip the fascia onto the dash after you get the d3 mounted and you're ou might have to play with the mounting location of the factory brackets to the d3 to get it perfect, but that's how I do most double din hondas.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dynamat and heat shielding material finally arrived late last week. I should have it installed by mid August and I'll post pics of the installation. I've seen pictures from others and it makes your stomach turn as you see all the guts except for the dash laying outside your vehicle. haha

I'm thinking of changing out my speakers in my 05 C6... where did you mount the amp? Did you change the speakers out with OEM sizes or did you use the speaker cut outs that you can buy to use more standard sizes? How has the quality been with the new speakers and head unit?

I've had my D3 for a few months now and have loved every minute of it. Where did you mount your Ipod? I mounted mine inside my center console - drilled a hole and ran the wire there...