AVIC411.com

Updating Z1 to Z2 with Software

Hell, I don't know, I'm not a coder, but, that's similair to the Vista WGA crack....It spoofs the BIOS version I believe. Just seems easier, in theory, of course....

Have at it :)

I just said I wasn't a coder, it was just a suggestion...

I know, but it sounds as well thought out as the guy who wanted to run OS X on his Z1 :roll:

No offense of course :lol:

Pioneer is being slow to release the Z1 update disc to usa so they can modify the security features with each bundle of discs they sell. They will probably sell a hundred or so.....then modify the security alog rhymy or whatvever its called. That way if some one cracks it..........it will only work on selected discs from whatever batch they produce. Pioneer is being very greedy with the Z1 release for some reason. The D1, D2, and N1...etc...are simple backup copies that will work. I do not understand why they are being so greedy with the Z1 upgrade...with security features,

that are not used on their other series. In my opinion the map update should be free. Ford gives out a free upgrade disc every year to owners of their cars and trucks that have the nav system. They do this as a safety issue. Pioneer should do the same and stop being so greedy, piggy, money hungry, and just poopy.

I agree. In fact, it was just a coincidence that I wrote Pioneer and asked them about a map upgrade that I found out about it, and then I asked them if the unit was still under warrenty if it was covered; which, of course, it is not. Pretty absurd. I guess they assume if you were dumb enough to pay $2200 for this POS in the first place then you'll pay $250 for a map it should have had in the first place.

You do realize that Pioneer BUYS the mapping info from TeleAtlas every year? Thats why they don't give the updates away. I am sure it ain't cheap so they have to charge something for the disks, I just think they need to lower that price unless it all goes to TeleAtlas

Hi all,

My opinion:

• Map-updates could be chargable

• Bug-fixes (like BlueTooth) should be free

• New-features (like updating Z1 to Z2 feature set) could be chargable - if it's know what features you pay for

Regards,

Nika.

- HD1BT user (Europe).