AVIC411.com

Warning Message Removal

So, we finally got a bypass going here! GREAT! Fortunately, this was low hanging fruit since Pioneer served it up on a platter. Thank goodness!

Now, something which will require some ingenuity will be to bypass the 2 [explicative] dialogs warnings that the Z2 is dangerous to your health and those around you.

Does anyone have observations to share regarding these? If someone amongst us had a test environment to run the code in with breakpoints set at the dialog event, it might be a simple fix; like inserting a "NOOP" where the "JMP" is - no knowledge of the source code is necessary...

Not sure if Hyperite or others had gotten as far as a test platform... It really would be nice to get rid of those. Every time I get in the car it's annoying to sit there dismissing the warnings. Talk about legal overkill...

Hmm, does anyone know where to find (legit) copy of WM CE 5 Automotive Edition (which I believe is the OS in Z2)? Through my technet subscription, I can only find WM CE 5.0 emulators etc, but no automotive SDK / edition. I want to load the Pioneer platform to my PC to look for breakpoints on the warning messages. This should be a more surmountable task then trying to find the bypass in the same manner. Would be nice to identify some hex patches...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you noticed that the warning message does not come on if you get in your rig and you are continuing on a previously programmed route? It seems like one of you hacks ought to be able to trick the system into thinking that it is always starting with a route continuation rather than a route that needs to be newly programmed. Just a thought. Maybe it will spark some creativity! :roll: