AVIC411.com

ND-BT1 Bluetooth Adapter DELIVERED TODAY (!)

Folks, an FYI: I had ordered my -Z1 and related options back on April 9 from savinglots.com. The price for the AVIC-Z1, the XMradio adapter (GEXP10XMT) and the ND-BT1 was $2078 delivered. While the SLDC people *did* engage in some "mailorder weaselling" with respect to delivery times, order status, etc., they did in fact deliver the the first two items reasonably quickly. I had given up on the ND-BT1 and finally cancelled that line item from the order. They did refund the option's $109.95 cost to my credit card.

Well, imagine my surprise with the ND-BT1 actually showed up today. :P

I mention all of this because I've seen Ebay auctions for the ND-BT1 at $375!! So, it looks like Pioneer may in fact be clearing the ND-BT1 backlog.
I got my Z1, BT1, BC1, GEX-P920XM, CD-IB100II, tons of harnesses, adapters and ducatiboy's flashing curcuit etc... installed in my '06 Trailblazer SS yesterday.

Everything works great, except the lack of noise cancelling promotes such a bad echo that people on the other end of a phone conversation say that they cannot stand the echo and have to hang up...I have tried adjusting the speaker volume, speaker location, mic location, but it is still awful. It is really too bad, because the integration of the BT with the radio is quite slick...I used to miss calls for not hearing the ringer with my stereo volume up...now I can mute things but then when I answer they can't stand the echo...I sound fine to them, it is hearing their own voice that is brutal...and I tried it, it is awful. I've scoured sites online, but don't see much of a fix...any suggestions anyone? Anyone got it working acceptably??

Everything else is great...ducatiboy's curcuit is great!! Thanks Steve!!...my only two other issues are:
1. there must be an issue with my illumination wire...the screen won't dim at night...
2. need to figure out how to lower the volume of the new door chime...and sometimes it just starts chiming...crap...

By the way, lots of BT1s here in Toronto...

Thanks.
I HAVE A 2005 YUKON SO I SPLICED INTO THE TAILLIGHTS ON THE LT. SIDE OF THE DASH WHERE YOU CAN TURN THE LIGHTS OFF AND ON. MY PROB I'M HAVING IS FINDING THAT VSS WIRE IN MY RADIO HARNESS, MY OEM RADIO HAD SVC CONTROLL. ANYWAY GOOD LUCK AND YES IT MAKES A BIG DIFF. AT NIGHT. OR YOU COULD PRESS V AND DIM THE SCREEN MANUELY
[quote name="zakpeters"]
Everything else is great...ducatiboy's curcuit is great!! Thanks Steve!!...my only two other issues are:
1. there must be an issue with my illumination wire...the screen won't dim at night...[/quote]

If you want to make sure it's not a failure of my circuit (which I don't think it is) unhook my circuit's white wire. Then hook the wite wire to the red 12V switched wire, and the unit will be dim all the time. You don't want to leave it like that forever, but you will make sure that if you find a 12V when the lights are on wire, it's not my circuit giving you the problem. Good luck.
[quote name="zakpeters"]Everything works great, except the lack of noise cancelling promotes such a bad echo that people on the other end of a phone conversation say that they cannot stand the echo and have to hang up...I have tried adjusting the speaker volume, speaker location, mic location, but it is still awful. It is really too bad, because the integration of the BT with the radio is quite slick...I used to miss calls for not hearing the ringer with my stereo volume up...now I can mute things but then when I answer they can't stand the echo...I sound fine to them, it is hearing their own voice that is brutal...and I tried it, it is awful. I've scoured sites online, but don't see much of a fix...any suggestions anyone? Anyone got it working acceptably??

[/quote]

I have the microphone at the top of the pillar just to the left of the sun visor. I have the voice coming from the right speaker only. I have the volume between 3 and 4 bars. We have NEVER had an echo complaint...and we've asked and tested. I think the secret is volume, and keeping the voice as far from the mic as possible. One other solution might be to but a small piece of foam rubber over the mic and see if that helps.
There is no illumination wire in the harness. It dims thru class 2 data bus. need to run a wire off of the switch w/a relay because the signal off the switch is - and you need a + .
Keith

P.S I have a 2006 trailblazer ss and i own a car stereo shop and had to find this out on my own 8)
Thanks Keithss. I will make note of this and take my SS back to the guy who installed everything for me. As for the echo issue, I'll keep trying out some different things...

Ducatiboy - see, it is not your excellent circuit at fault here... ;-)

I think he also did not reconnect my rear speakers correctly...I have Bose and with the stock radio if you faded 100% to the rears, you would still get a full spectrum of sound, now with the Z1 installed, when I pan 100% to the rears there is no bass at all....just tinny mids and highs. Any thoughts on this Keithss? Or am I mistaken, was it always like this? Finally, he door chime keeps doing weird things - like when I turned the truck off and locked the door last night, it kept chiming even when locked as I walked away from the truck - I re-started it and turned off the ignition again and all was fine...need to turn the door chime speaker down still.

Thanks for your help guys....I'm loving the Z1 et al...other than some of the minor issues we keep seeing again and again on this forum...
[quote name="zakpeters"] now with the Z1 installed, when I pan 100% to the rears there is no bass at all....just tinny mids and highs. [/quote]

It sounds to me that he may have connected your rear speaks up out of phase. That is + to +, - to - on one speaker, and + to - & - to + on the other side, 180 degrees out of phase, which cancels the low bass notes out. Have him re check his connections.