AVIC411.com

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a long time... but when I was you guys were extremely helpful and allowed for me to install my n2 on my own. So I just wanted to thank you all.

I searched for this topic and saw some posts without answers, so I was hoping someone could help. Anyways, I've had my n2 for nearly 2 years, and it has worked perfectly since I installed and bypassed it. Just this past weekend, Best Buy installed a viper alarm in my car, and SUDDENLY my GPS doesn't work. The machine can tell when I am turning and going in different directions, but it has no clue where my true location is, and doesn't really show when I am moving forward. I've checked the antenna cable and that is still plugged in. Its possible my brain got pushed around when Best Buy was in my car, because I never mounted it. I really don't know what else could be the problem, you guys have any ideas? I appreciate any help.

• 2 weeks later...

On my first after market radio I had best buy install it. They installed the Sirius antenna in such a way that the first time the trunk closed, it shorted the antenna. Not to mention I never had AC without kicking the dash ever again. Definitely take it back- I know there are different installers at every store and I'm sure some are competent, but there definitely seems to be a common theme among the majority...

take it back is best bet, make sure to talk with someone who knows what they are doing .. and they are doing it to your car.

side note, when you said you checked ant. is the unit still mounted like it was? properly? the hideaway unit as its sometimes reffered and its position is important.

HAHA so I took it back to Worst Buy today, and the guys fiddled around with it for an hour, and got absolutely no results. Everytime I told them what was wrong, they said that it just needed to have the headunit reset (as if I hadn't thought of that...). After they do this 6 or 7 times in an hour and get no results, I mention that someone on here told me the antenna could have gone bad, and they determined( only after I mentioned it) that it must be the antenna. So I'm going to take it to a real stereo shop that sells avic's and see if they'll let me hook up a new one just to test out if that is the real problem. Anyone know somewhere in So Cal that I'd be able to get just the antenna?Without having to deal with Pioneers "customer service"?

The reason I brought it back to Best Buy is because in the hardware information screen it said installation position: exessive vibrating. So i assumed as they installed my alarm that perhaps they kicked that thing around. They didn't even so much as look at the brain when I went in today. But yeah it is pretty much still in the same position as when I installed it, so I don't know if that is the problem.

Thank you guys for all your replies I'll keep you posted on my progress.

when you go to another shop, make sure you tell them whats going on first, this way you have them on their side and document everything. Should it be discovered that bb did something wrong you can return to them with proof and demand compensation!

Make sure you're able to tell them what is happening so that bb can be held liable if it's their screw-up.

Nah, just playing tillithz- I'm not duping you post!

However,

If it turns out to be the antenna, you can snag one through ebay for $40-50 shipped to your door without Pioneer customer service's bs.