AVIC411.com

Z2 stops playing in the middle of a song (music library)

ok this has happened a few times now but i have a few tracks burned on the library and then the song will be half way through and then it will stop and go to the next song. it skipped through about 5 songs today. seems like i only have this problem when the i pod was plugged in, and when the system didnt want to boot up the first time due to the wheather. is there a way to fix this? anyone else have this problem?

I get the problem if my interior is too hot. I can sometimes see a succession of symptoms. If I am driving, I will loose some detail on the map. The next time I start it, I will not get past the blue Pioneer splash screen. If I am playing from the music library, it will start skipping the songs, like you say. If it is on XM, FM, or a CD, it plays fine but I cannot change channels/tracks. After it cools down it operates OK again.

This is a known problem according to the threads in here.

i updated gracenote, cut holes in my ac ducting so that cold air blows on my z2 and did a level 4 wipe. left it running in the shade with ac for a hour and my dash apart so it was not warm to the touch and mine z2 still skips when copying to the hard drive. it did all start after a 100 plus day and i was froze at splash screen until the next morning. this crazy unit has become intermitent at best now. seems like the heat has done something to it.