AVIC411.com

XM Status NOT CONNECTED NO SIGNAL

I have connected 2 different Pioneer XMNAV Modules to my Z1 via the IP BUS and neither of them have worked. NO I did not connnect the power lead eiether like some people have mentioned in the forums here. So anyhow this module should just be Plug and Play to the Z1 correct? I even did a Reset of the Z1 and the Sat Module itself. Is there something I am frogetting before I start the repair process for the Z1? Any help anyone could provide is greatly appreciated.
I had the same problem with my AVIC-D1. Then when I re-read the instructions they said that if you use the module with a navi system you mustconnect the XM data cable as well. As soon as I hooked that cable up the XM Staus on the NAVI system said that XM was updating and it also showed the signal as very strong and the radio ID.
[quote name="BlueMNSTRZ"]I had the same problem with my AVIC-D1. Then when I re-read the instructions they said that if you use the module with a navi system you mustconnect the XM data cable as well. As soon as I hooked that cable up the XM Staus on the NAVI system said that XM was updating and it also showed the signal as very strong and the radio ID.[/quote]

Appreciate the input unfortunately I had the Data cable hooked up as well. So unfortunately I still think it is the Z1 IP Bus.
[quote name="BlueMNSTRZ"]This is a really stupid question as I'm sure you have it right, but you aren't hooking it up to the Ip bus out on the Z1 are you?[/quote]

No while I appreciate your attention to detail but I am connecting it to the IP bus in on the Z1 in. I have called Tundra Electronics the place I bought the Z1 and they are shippimg me RMA. So I will probably go a couple of weeks without Z1. Kind of Sux it compliments my 06 Mustang GT's dash very well...
  • 5 weeks later...
[quote name="BMWJ17"] [quote name="BlueMNSTRZ"]This is a really stupid question as I'm sure you have it right, but you aren't hooking it up to the Ip bus out on the Z1 are you?[/quote]

No while I appreciate your attention to detail but I am connecting it to the IP bus in on the Z1 in. I have called Tundra Electronics the place I bought the Z1 and they are shippimg me RMA. So I will probably go a couple of weeks without Z1. Kind of Sux it compliments my 06 Mustang GT's dash very well...[/quote]

I wonder if this is a 2006 Mustang GT problem. I just had mine professionally installed except that the XM radio works great, probelm is that when I go to the information screen and XM status it reads not connected, no signal, and no radio id. Does anyone have any ideas since it is all connected properly?

Jeff
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...