AVIC411.com

Avic-N1 Hack upgrade and software

Hello! I run a mobile shop in Mass, I just got my hands on a N1 unit. I have had to get some stuff for it, like a GPS antenna and shit. But it just came back from Pioneer getting it fixed for the ribbon cable, and referbished. So i guess thats cool...

I took electronics in high school I was the bomb at soldering! I fix shit all the time still. Run a little computer shop, and run a car audio install and product shop...SO i got the skill! If any one can help with some disk, and stuff, please let me know!

Again i dont HAVE ANY NAVI DISK!! so i guess getting the 40 version, and 60 version would not hurt!! to start!! Please help! ...edit!!

Ok so i spent more time around here, cause im a geek!! and proud!! and im stupid excited, im about ready to hack in to Pioneer for a 70MPT disc!!

Got a GPS antenna on the way!!, need a cage and trim ring...as well as thoes side rails for the H/U. Im on my way!!

Want to do alot of editing to the NAVI software!! help me, i'll help you!

Yeah, as I look I was wondering. But I thought you could not watch DVD and use navi and drive at the same time. Or some thing? If there is a link, please forward it if you can? I don't mind reading! Lol

I feel bad to make someone right it all out.

If I do get the 70 disc, the solder mod will run it correctly? What do I have to do to up grade? What's the deal with the flash?

Thanks!

Hey being it just got back from pioneer, you think I can order the disc? For free?

WHTCRX! thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question!!! really! this makes me happy. IM DLing the software now! I was missing the GPS antenna as well, Just called Pioneer, they are sending out one for free! SICK!! i should have went for the disk, Cage and side mounts. Trim ring, as well as the GPS antenna! Who knows!

I'll tell you the guy ws really Fing cool! Had a great talk, about springfield, and the simpsons's no less! (From springfield MA)

OK so i got a 3-5 day wait for that, enough time to do the solder job!! Im a killer with the iron, i can write like a hero with a iron, and solder! SO no problem there!

I guess i am going to look in the for sale section to try and get the actual cage and side mounts, for using it DIN style. Unless you got some.?!?!?

Anyways...SO AVIC-N1 take apart the radio section, do the solder job, and then ground the E-brake wire. Power it up again, and just throw the disk in, and im all set!?!?!

Whats the deal with this firmware upgrade? what does that do? while i have the time, should i work that too? And do i need a remote to use the NAVIGATION? thanks

I need to get a copy of 70 software!! i want to start hacking the hell out of it!! I got a 5 day wait!! i got to use this time for the best!! help!!