AVIC411.com

Hey all,

I am trying to get the wiring info for the retained acc power and reverse wire on my 2007 expedition. I have been told that retained acc power is in the pass kick panel on fuse 41, but I can't get behind the fuse box to find which wire goes to fuse 41.

Thanks in advance,

Russell

what i have done at the request of a customer was to catch the green/ bl wire that powers up the window control mod (switch) which stays hot thru the r.a.p. cycle, this can also be reached at the sjb but is a little more fuss that the window power harness at the jamb.

That sounds perfect!

Is that color green/blue or green/black, and can I catch it at either side (driver/passenger)?

Thanks

Sean,

Metra has part XSVI-5522 that includes delayed acc power and sub hookup, however it is $80. I figured I could tap into accessory power somewhere and run a wire for the $60 difference in harness price :)

Anyone know if this is green / blue or green / black? Also a bit more description of the location? Is it in a bundle of wires or on a plastic connector?

I tried to find a green wire in the grommet that runs between the passenger door and the passenger kick panel but couldn't find anything that was green / blue or green / black.

I really need help ASAP as I'm trying to get this done by tomorrow morning at 10am.

Thanks again for all the help so far!!!!

Russell

well,

I removed the passenger door panel and tested every wire that runs in the passenger door grommet and found none that had 12V hot. So then I moved into the passenger kick panel and tested every wire in the connectors that I could reach and again found none that had 12V hot while the vehicle was turned on.

So I ended up just taping into Fuse 41(retained acc power) in the passenger kickpanel. I couldn't get to the back of the fuse panel to see the color of the wire on fuse 41, so I just removed the fuse and soldered a wire to the circuit side of the fuse.

I'm going to buy one of http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=071-585and use it to properly tap into the circuit.

I still need to identify the reverse wire, just didn't have time today.

Russell

As a follow up,

I caught the reverse wire by removing the passenger door sill to expose the large bundle of wires running there and tapped into 1 of the 2 green / brown wires. I got lucky and the first one I tried was the reverse wire, I'm assuming the other was the reverse wire for the other backup light but I didn't test so I'm not sure.

Russell