AVIC411.com

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I see. I've been here reading post since May of 06 and therefore couldn't possibly have anything good to say because I don't have 1000 posts, here. Can you tell me how many posts one needs to have an honest, valid opinion? Do I need to submit a resume?

The previous poster continued to perseverate on HD issues when it was clearly stated that HD worked during freeze up. He ignores the complaints of others even when there are several ongoing active threads on this specific issue. He quotes temps in Death Valley (not sure why) when he is listed as living in Oakland. His response to the original poster was without merit, sarcastic and belittling. Hence the terse responses.

outhouse you still dont get it, I didnt start it, in fact I complemented the sun shade idea. I gave you some valid scenerios (cd and a living thing such as a child) you choose not to accept it, thats fine, but YOU furthered things by saying that I am out of line on a discussion forum.. you act as if I critically injured you, and further it even more by calling me a post whore, that really doesnt bulster your side at all. You even state that texas is hot and california is not... when provided with links stating california was hotter then texas ever was you dismiss it and continue to think its only 80 degrees here. I drive all over california so I see temps well over 80.

Now for your comments as being a mechanic and a computer techy type.... I dont believe you, the readers dont either.... and even if we did we would hold your credibility as a 'good' mechanic or computer techy suspect since you drill holes into air ducts with complete disregard for how things were designed to function. Its acts such as that that makes me completely scared to take my vehicle to an experienced mechanic or even buy a used car. Thats reckless and gives other honest and true mechanics or 'modders' a bad name.

I get off bringing a child into this as for some, their avic unit is there 'baby' and even some decide to take care of thier property ensuring they dont 'swiss cheese' things by drilling holes in their air ducts. Dude seriously, that was an idiot move.

You got my attention now, you want to try to call me out, well im here lets do it bucko.

bridge4d you suggested texas gets hot and though you didnt say it suggested by your text california doesnt, thats why you got the death valley link. Furthermore, i travel all across california so i get to say I've been in hotter areas then where your avic is malfunctioning. So ha. lol

So you know, it takes 2 valid posts for a honest valid opinion. Yep I said it. When you state the heat temp of a z1 and then cant even post the temp inside your car it shows just how invalid and dishonest you are. You lost any credibility because it is idiotic to state that it should function at most to 158 degrees F and then disregard that a car's interior gets as hot as 200 degrees F. YOU really wonder why it doesnt work? come on.

"Oh my god, go call 911"

"Whats the number for 911"

CLASSIC!!

TY PaisanNYC But then again he wouldnt even see it cuz his math skills of how numbers work are a bit off. Good that others see it though!

p.s. may is 2 months prior to when I joined.

That was the point! It's got parts with temp ranges that don't exceed the potential internal greenhouse temps within a vehicle. Do you think that this is new info, like the manufacture didn't realize that interior temps within a car can't get over 150 degrees?!

I don't know about your unit but mine didn't come with a sunshade in the box or a warning that said "Won't function when left in a parked car in direct sunlight". DID YOU EVEN READ THE TWO OTHER ACTIVE THREADS with 200+ posts ON THIS ISSUE. You don't have this issue therefore you are lucky. I suggest you chime in on the other threads and tell all those posters that this issue is their fault and user error. Never mind, I'll post this thread over there for you.

no didnt read that, didnt need to, or want to. You can post whatever you want where ever you want its a free world. my comments have been generally geared towards you two cuz of the reckless idea of hole drilling and the presumption that standard components with operating temps below working temps in a car should be ok.

Since I dont know others specific info it makes for a hard judgement, but if you want to link this thread please do so so even more people can see your stupidity and how interior temps surpass the avics operating temp and texas gets hot and california doesnt, oh and your how many posts it takes to be valid... you troll.. yes you got pwned!!

I dont think heat is an issue for the avic units though

Whatever...you said in your original post that heat wasn't an issue then you admit to not even reading up on this well known issue. I would think such a "respected user" would be interested in helping other forum members who are having a well documented and discussed issue.

no my goal in this thread now is to call you two out and show your ignorance. I dont think heat is a widespread issue. When you have people drilling holes and chopping up their cars like that, it makes one wonder what other factors are involved that could contribute to causing problems.

Mine Z1 has stopped at the screen I live in Houston, TX and I can say this with no sun shade, windows not cracked and it gets over 95 my system will freeze on boot. Now I have learned to crack my windows, and use my sun shade and my system boots everytime. I dont like doing it, but my buddy from work has a ford edge and his locked up the other day, but displayed a high heat warning, after we drove for about 3 minutes and the cabin cooled the unit went through the rest of the boot and came up fine. I know Pioneer makes these for the Ford's... I wish they would do that automatic for the Z1... that would be nice...

Yup, I've got an '06 F150 and if I use the sunshade or if I'm lucky enough to get a shady spot (very few shady spots at Johnson Space Center, mostly just black asphalt) it won't freeze. However, if I park in my usual spot by the time I leave work it's a definite freeze. I'm hoping the cndv-700hd upgrade fixes the issue, but I haven't been able to find someone with the issue that has done the upgrade and confirmed. I get my disc in a couple of days I'll post in the other, larger, freeze threads the outcome.

i did the upgrade and it did help but mine it was locking at 80 degrees with a breeze with the windows rolled down in the shade lol. now it has to be parked in direct sunlight on a 100 degree day to feeze. this is still not acceptable. mine never froze until a really hot day [105] and then started freezing with regularity.

someone forgot to mention or even comment that infinti and other high line cars never have this heat issue and there hard drive based nav,s as well. lol.

why is drilling holes to vent cold air to the unit considered hacking up my car and this makes me a bad mech/tech ? first it didnt cut the airflow down coming out of the duct that a user could even notice and if someone is so ignorant that they dont want cold air going to a computer or sensitive electronics when trapped in a hot dash get real. i drilled a few holes 4 inches from the output of the vent and you cant see anything ive done. i wouldnt call that anything but helping a crappy probematic pioneer nav unit.

i dont care what you think tillith your a know it all kid who jumped in my post and started argueing telling us theres no heat issue with the z1/z2 and that trying to cool it down is a bad idea when you know how hot the interior of a car gets..

riddle me this tweaker why doesnt infiniti have this issue

oh i never said cali doesnt get hot as you misquoted another of many of your statements

I think I recall reading in another post that the Z2 and the update might have set the temp threshold to 150F from 120F. It would probably be worth trying to find the code that sets the operational temp and the associated sensor output. However, being that the op temp of the drive is 158F I doubt we could go much higher without putting the unit at risk.

If that's indeed the case the only alternative around the operational temp restrictions is to provide increased ventilation. In my younger days I had an amp box in my SUV with a 12volt fan attached to a temp relay. If you could install something like that in-dash you could attempt to keep the dash temp under 150F, but then you could drain your battery. Another costly fix is remote starters. Mine can be set to start the car at certain temperatures (mostly meant for colder climes though). But with a 5.4 V8 I'd hate to think my car is starting up every hour during the day burning liquid gold!