AVIC411.com

quit backing pioneer on this and do the homework. we have on this unit.. you live in a cold/mild place that never gets too hot and you have the balls to tell us to take better care of our units ???
You dont know where I live or where i travel
oh i never said cali doesnt get hot as you misquoted another of many of your statements
hahaha, the jig is up.

Theres a difference between a modder, hacker (as with computers), and a hack er (as someone doing a rig job) you sir are the later type of hack er. I cant believe in your area they let you touch nice cars like infinity. That is plain and simple jigger rigged. Now if you opened it up and installed a fan in the avic, or ran ducting specially for the unit, or or or.. you know what, I am not going to be able to make sense out of your hack job, plain and simple.

I never argued with you, in fact i said the sun shade was a good start. I didnt tell you absolute there is no problems with heat, in fact i said "i dont think...." You panic when busted with a hack job, sure as hell hope your customers dont get such service. I mean if your willing to chew up your car in that manor who knows what you would do to a customers vehicle in a pinch. honestly, you look foolish calling me a kid when you swiss cheesed your shit. how many muffler barrings and flux capacitors have you changed you hack artist?

p.s. your kinda mechanics favorite tool is known as duct tape.. got an oil leak put duct tape on it... got a noisy brake caliper.. put some duct tape on it... god im glad I dont live anywhere near you.. maybe the heat makes you so silly.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outhouse/dwhitley0381,

Another good work around is a simple toggle switch (SPST) on the keyed 12volt wire. That way, if you get in and it's frozen you can shut the whole unit down without having to turn off the ignition. It's better than cycling the ignition at every stop light waiting for it to cool off enough to function. I had to do that yesterday on my way to a wedding shower. The wife's revelation to this was "nice, how much did you pay for that thing?"

I did something similar on my Wife's '06 Expedition stock navigation system. There is no bypass for that system so the only way to adjust way points on the move is to interrupt the VSS signal. I put a two position switch on that and voila, I can now select way points while on the move.

Just for fun...

I live in Florida and like most of the hard working people in the world my work place doesn't provide me with a personal garage to park in. So, my car sits outside all day, every day. I have dark tinted windows and utilize a sunshade. However, when the inside of my car (which contains my N2) is still cooking at well over 100 degrees, the unit WILL NOT START. It just makes spinning noises that fluctuate in speed. The purple light on the front blinks on and off, eventually goes solid, and then the unit will boot. I have found that sometimes it will boot quicker if I coach it along by pressing the src button- so give that a try. I'm curious if pushing a button just makes me feel better, or if the unit actually boots more quickly on that command. Until it cools down; no audio, no screen flipping out, nothing. I've had the unit for nearly 3 years and in 3 different vehicles. I am not crazy. It is a fact- avics are not heat friendly creatures.

tillithz... we do know where you live (oakland, ca) because it is stated under your screen name. however you're right, we don't know where you travel; frankly I don't think anyone cares.

So since you don't think heat is an issue with the avic units, it appears to be a problem with the Z line and the N line. This has been noted in various forums. Just do a search for it.

As for being a respected member for your 1000+ posts... You could type anything anywhere and have 1000's of posts, that doesn't mean you know anything. You can type facts and bs just the same. The latter seems to come more fluidly for you. As a "respected member" I would think you would only post when you have something positive or helpful to contribute to the conversation, but then again I guess we see how you got your 1000 posts.

... this topic just needed another poster. :)

jflx60d, please read or stfu.. just for fun too. honestly though I never said anyone cared where i live, only that it does get hot where I am which was in direct contradiction to what was posted in this thread.

For those a little less understanding, I will clarify things... HEAT IS NOT A PROBLEM as I think of it. What is meant is, within reason heat isnt a problem.. just like water isnt a problem for people... within moderation. Now if you drown yourself in water.. well you drown. Same can be said for heat and avic, or computer, or any electronic device, or EVEN a human. If you saturate or drown the item in heat beyond its operating temp, DO NOT BE SURPISED IF IT FAILS. its just that the avic appears to have a built in threshold lower (probably to protect it) then other devices.

Afterall, I am sure you wouldnt want to find out that it was too hot for the unit AFTER it was broken, but a failsafe to shut things down to prevent over heating and damage. Besides if the user isnt bright enough to know that its too hot to operate the unit (example being putting a switch on the ign. like mentioned) and it breaks, I'm sure each and everyone would complain on why there isnt some backup failsafe to prevent it damaging itself in high heat enviroments.

Also, i wanted to point out, that you DONT know where I live, you believe you know cuz of something you read on the internet under what you believe is my nick. If that was true, one user here would live in"The BatCave" now that has to be true !!!

So to summerize, to much of just about anything can be a problem. a 16 oz of milk in your belly seems harmless enough, but put 2 gallons in your stomach and well, you get it, least I hope or it confirms the general public's stupidity.

p.s. why is it that people with less then 35 posts talk shit? jflx60d you got only 5 posts, and at least 2 of them are dups. you couldnt even operate the submit button properly let alone the edit or dare i say it.. an avic...

looking to make a name for yourself or something. Please the stupidity that something that operates at no more then 158 degrees F is in an enviroment of something like 200 degrees F and fails is insane. Quit blaming other people/companies for the lack of understanding how things work!!!

jflx60d, please read or stfu..

Besides if the user isnt bright enough to know that its too hot to operate the unit (example being putting a switch on the ign. like mentioned) and it breaks, I'm sure each and everyone would complain on why there isnt some backup failsafe to prevent it damaging itself in high heat enviroments.

p.s. why is it that people with less then 35 posts talk shit?

I mentioned this as a way to prevent the user experiencing the problem from having to cycle their ignition. To the unit it's no different than turning the ignition on/off. While driving, these units eventually cool off enough to start properly, but there is no way to reboot them without turning the car off/on again (the only button that works when frozen is the volume button, nothing else works). This way, if your driving down the highway and your unit is frozen you can reboot it without having to pull over, turn the car off (and open the door for those of us with retained accessory fords), then back on. You just flip the switch and it reboots, if enough time has elapsed allowing for cooling. If not, wait a few minutes and flip the switch again. I did this today and it works great.

bridge4d i understand that, i was complementing the idea. This like you said allows for fans and circulation to occur cooling it down to the threshold to satisfy the unit and that it will function at a safe temp.

but you know, id be gangsta and just turn ignition off on the freeway. thats how i roll

oh and girls dont know how to drive, they belong in the kitchen and not on the roadways!!

Sorry- I didn't realize that posting on this particular site was the only way to have any knowledge about pioneer receivers. I can't operate the submit and edit button?!? Ok.

Cycling the ignition doesn't help my HEAT situation because the unit is still too hot to power on. I wouldn't want it to boot when it is overheated because I am sure there's a very good reason as to why it doesn't allow itself to boot in extreme heat.

It needs some sort of an intercooler system like they have for the 360 and ps3. It gets old pulling in the driveway just in time for the thing to cool off and boot.

oh and girls dont know how to drive, they belong in the kitchen and not on the roadways!!

I hope the woman cooking for you doesn't read this, she might slip you a surprise for dinner. :)

As for all the smack talking back and forth- it's unnecessary; sorry for jumping in and getting fired up. I just found it frustrating that you said this couldn't be a problem when in deed I face it everyday. Truce for me.

Cycling the ignition doesn't help my HEAT situation because the unit is still too hot to power on. I wouldn't want it to boot when it is overheated because I am sure there's a very good reason as to why it doesn't allow itself to boot in extreme heat.

It needs some sort of an intercooler system like they have for the 360 and ps3. It gets old pulling in the driveway just in time for the thing to cool off and boot.

Yeah, the switch is just for the Z1/2's...I'm not familiar with the other Pioneer units and their proclivities. Although, it sounds as though your units know when to reboot at least. If the Z's did that the switch wouldn't be necessary. Not to change the subject...I just bought a PS3 last week. It needs an intercooler?

cycling the ignition ONLY would work IF the heat fell below the threshold. Thats what I meant when i refrenced it a bit ago. if that timing is when you pull in to the garage, well unfortunately thats how it is and thats not a viable option for you. posting here to know about pioneer was never the issue, it is just frustrating to see someone talk garbage about a product when clearly that if its sooo hot and above the temp designed then get bashed for over posting from someone who has such a low count and cant operate the submit or edit buttons.. final shot to you.. how could we presume you to be able to use an avic.. hehehe.

I honestly think the problems faced are there, but whether or not people think it right or wrong, if they were half as anal as I am I doubt the numbers would be nearly as high (60+ people stated before) as they are.

i got to go check on the wife, she is making dinner... doh!

intercooler for xbox. and well thats a whole other ball of wax. Especially since fires have been linked to them.

Ive had 4-5 360's NONE had any problems with overheating.. one was a launch system too. MS is of course changing the design with new things inside, but in the end I dont know even one person who had a problem with a 360.

p.s. dont worry about changing gears here, for I say its ok! hehe

I don't think it is a matter of needing the intercooler- but it may prolong the life of the system. Or of course if you have the time to sit and play the system for 10 hours at a time, it could also be valuable. :) (I wouldn't know about such luxuries in time.)

shifting gears... :)

What is so wrong with how i operate the submit/edit?

I didn't know I was so fortunate that the N2 reboots itself at the proper temperature. Here I am cussing driving down the road when apparently I should be thanking God it comes back on at all!! lol

click find all posts for YOUR user name, youll see at least 2 posts that are dup.. probably cuz server was sluggish and you clicked the submit in reply to a thread twice. By doing so it dup'd your response... then when it took you to the thread and showed you your response twice you didnt 'edit' it or 'del' it... told you i was anal!

and actually stay away from the intercoolers, I can provide links if necessary, but the connectors into the power supply have been known to burn and damage systems. Fortunately xbox360's have a 3 year warranty and the intercoolers have something as well. But a headache to take care of just the same.

I'm pretty anal too. I'm on a hotel's wireless connection and every time I try to submit, it freaking goes back to the terms of agreement screen like a freaking retard- sometimes the post goes through, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes I get really lucky and it posts twice. But, I am flattered that you did your research on me before attempting to rip me a new one. :)

Or of course if you have the time to sit and play the system for 10 hours at a time, it could also be valuable. :) (I wouldn't know about such luxuries in time.)

No, I wish I had that kind of time. It was more of an impulse buy for my 3 y/o daughter. It will probably see more time as a DVD player than a game system. :D