AVIC411.com

What is the best overall PDA phone for the Z1

I have a blackberry 8800 and am very happy with the results. I have actually never tried transferring the address book though. As for echo, I don't know if the echo is as much of a phone thing as it is the Avic software thing. I don't think changing phones will change the echo. Changing the mic position, speaker out and lowering the volume on the phone (when paired) and lowering the volume when in use are the best ways to reduce echo.

I'm using the Z2 with a Motorola Q and like it. I use Goodlink to talk with my mail server. I think that software may be preventing me from transferring my phonebook. I have not gotten that option to work.

My only complaint is that the mic gain is too low. The speaker option on the Q has a better gain than the Z2 mic.

Not sure if that helps you with your Z1 or not. They seem very similar.

I had a lot of problems with a Treo W and WX. I did not try the latest software that recently came out but instead picked up an iPhone. Not the fully functional PDA but pretty close. The Treo was horrible with the Z1. When it worked, lots of echo. No changes to the Z1 or mic and the new phone works great. I was surprised. I figured bluetooth was bluetooth but a difference there was.

Email is the only thing that is not as good yet other than sync'ing over the air for calendar and contacts. Sync's great over the cable bidirectionaly. Email with Exchange is a problem unless you're willing to open up IMAP to the internet - NOT. So I'm forwarding to a pop and it works for now. It's worth the changes.

digxrayguy