AVIC411.com

D3 F150 final wiring question before install

I've been lurking around here for a month or two... I'm finally getting ready to install my D3... everything seems pretty simple and searching has answered all but a couple of my questions...if some one could answer them I'd really apreciate it.

It will be installed in an 07 F150 Lariat without sub...

1.) The pac Harness I recieved from Crutchfield has a wire for the dimmer. But in some of my searches I have heard people are not using it on some Fords...will the Pac harness wire work correctly for the dimmer? or do I need to tap the parking lights?

2.)for the VSS I understand that you can use the use a wire behind the factory stere if it has the speed sensitive volume (mine does) I have read that it is a black/white wire??? can someone confirm this or shed some light on it?

3.) im not installing a back up camera do I need the violet/white reverse signal wire?

If anyone can answer or help me with these questions I really apreciate it...I'd search more but my computer time is very limited...thanks guys!

I've been lurking around here for a month or two... I'm finally getting ready to install my D3... everything seems pretty simple and searching has answered all but a couple of my questions...if some one could answer them I'd really apreciate it.

It will be installed in an 07 F150 Lariat without sub...

1.) The pac Harness I recieved from Crutchfield has a wire for the dimmer. But in some of my searches I have heard people are not using it on some Fords...will the Pac harness wire work correctly for the dimmer? or do I need to tap the parking lights?

Should be able to tie the orange/white wire of the avic harness to the orange wire in the harness you got from crotchfilled.

2.)for the VSS I understand that you can use the use a wire behind the factory stere if it has the speed sensitive volume (mine does) I have read that it is a black/white wire??? can someone confirm this or shed some light on it?

It's gray/black at the radio harness.

3.) im not installing a back up camera do I need the violet/white reverse signal wire?

nope

If anyone can answer or help me with these questions I really apreciate it...I'd search more but my computer time is very limited...thanks guys!

no prob

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a little dated but is there a way to connect the Z1 to the factory audiophile sub in the f150? I have the same F150, but with the Audiophile system + 8" sub.

Also, when you make a DVD to play music videos on the z1, do you have to make an official dvd or is there someway you can load them on just like mp3's and that way you can download them to the z1's HDD? I know this is the wrong forum but I used the search function and this was revelent, apparently.

sig.jpg

I know this is a little dated but is there a way to connect the Z1 to the factory audiophile sub in the f150? I have the same F150, but with the Audiophile system + 8" sub.

Also, when you make a DVD to play music videos on the z1, do you have to make an official dvd or is there someway you can load them on just like mp3's and that way you can download them to the z1's HDD? I know this is the wrong forum but I used the search function and this was revelent, apparently.

sig.jpg

70-5521