AVIC411.com

Bluetooth With a Samsung A900 from Sprint.

I have been using the blue tooth for about two weeks now and have had some problems.

1)Can not get the phonebook onto the Z1

2)Phone will not pair all the time. I will leave and come back and the phone and the radio just will not pair. The phone sees the Z1 but says pairing failed.

3)Caller ID will not always show up.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :( :( :(
Did you leave the car running while when you left and came back? If you lose BT connection, you have to restart the Z1 -- and the only way to do that is turn the engine off and back on. Is this the only pairing problem you are having?

The callerid works with your numbers registered in the phone and address books. If your numbers have a "1" prefix, try removing it. At least that works for me on a Verizon system with a Motorola Q. If you don't have a "1" prefix, try adding it. That worked for one user on a Razr.
Well that sucks to hear that. I too have the a900 for sprint and was looking forward to purchasing the bluetooth for the Z1. I guess I'll have to wait and see if these bugs/problems are fixed before getting the bluetooth. Good luck with it, and keep us updated as to whether or not you get it working correctly. Thanks.
It's the phone. Go to the Sprint users forum and read the 25 page thread about how bad the bluetooth is on the A900. I had my A900 for a week and dumped it on ebay the next week. I tried about 10 different bluetooth headsets, and none of them worked worth a crap. They all had static, and everyone said it sounded like I was talking in a shower. The battery life also sucked, and the absolute worst part was the phone set off my Valentine 1 radar detector all the time. That was the last straw on the A900.