AVIC411.com

The D3 doesnt have a dimmer function to automatically change between day and night. I believe other AVICs have it but not the D3. I was pretty dissapointed to learn this. Maybe one of these guys knows a way to change it?

I have my dimmer set to around 30... i find that this is bright enough to be seen when its sunny out and dim enough not to bother your eyes at night. However its tough to watch movies at this level during the day so you have to constantly readjust. its a pain in the ass

No it's not. Though you should def go back and have them fix the problem because that's not the only problem you have. They also didn't hook up the vss wire or the reverse wire. now if you're not going to have a back up camera then the purple/white wire is not needed. The pink wire should have been hooked up. Just to give you the info in case the installer tries to say the vss doesn't exist in your car, here it is. Along with the illumination wire. Tell the installer not to be lazy and do the job he's getting paid to do right.

Illumination is pink/green in the radio harness.

VSS is white/blue in pin 26 of the ecu above the gas pedal