AVIC411.com

Nav Voice Guidance doens't work

Guest IcePegasus
My Voice Guidance doens't work at all. When it come to the point that it should say some thing.. it will dim down my music. but no Voice Guidance at all. I don't know is that my unit is BAD or something that I did not set it right. I check, I did not mute it.. and I have the Voice Guidance Volumn up to the Max.. Need help.. Anyone knows why ???
Is is still not working?

If it is now after restarting your car! I'm thinking its just a windows thing. It is a windows based hard drive and we all know windows can do some funky stuff at times. I'm thinking not everything loaded up properly when the unit booted up!

It's only happened to me once and never again although I have only had my unit for a bout a week now!
Guest IcePegasus
I went back to the radio shop that I got Z1. He said it should not be anything special, he said it should be internal with the Harddrive. He will call Pioneer Rep and Tech for me today. He said if it because the unit is bad. He will replace the unit for me. I hope I can find out what is wrong today.
Found the problem. I went back to a radio shop that installed my Z1. I am not a radio tech guy or anything.. but for some reason... they have the Front Out put speaker disconnected. They only got the real Speaker Ouput connected. I asked them how they connected the Front Output.. the said it connected through the amp.. or amp power somthing.. .. somehow.. again.. I am not a radio tech guy.. so, can't tell you much what that means. I told them I think that is a reason why my nav voice guidance doesn't work. So, he try to connect a Front Speaker Output Cable.. and It FIXed my problem.. so they re-wired the speaker connection.. For all the problem..it is the installaiton that cause the problem. So, if anyone has this problem.. make sure you have the Front Speaker Output connect... :D The Nav Voice will only work on Front Output only.. l learned a hardway.. 8)