AVIC411.com

One Final D3 bypass question. info needed

My D3 will be in my hands Monday. I got it for 650 bucks shipped from a buddy on another forum, complete with all cables, pacs, etc. the bypass mod has already been done, but I started thinking....

is it necessary to ground the MUTE cable, or just any cable in the inital empty slot? am i losing the abilty to have the radio muted by things like the bluetooth add on, or the XM addon , or even the IPOD add on?

im thinking adding any wire to that initally empty slot and grounding it would have the bypass working, but still allow a MUTE functionality. I just think I dont have to give up that functionality if I only need to just put one more cable in the inital empty slot.

other than that.. anyone figure out how to control a ZUNE from the D3?? i dont have, or want an IPOD

I'm gonna guess that you don't install much. The mute wire is not needed unless you have a car phone or something of the sort.....Anyways, you do need to ground the mute wire along with the parking brake wire and ground both of them. As far as the bluetooth deal, I don't have that with my d3 or the ipod, but i know that there are forums on here that discuss those in detail. My D3 is bypassed and my XM works fine, I can still mute it as the mute function is an internal action. The mute wire recieves an external signal to tell the D3 to mute, I believe. I know i'm not the most knowledgeable person on here so someone may come along later and tell you something different, but this is my understanding to the question you had.

All and All, if the bypass has been done already, then it will work fine.

You don't connect the mute wire to the bluetooth adapter. That wire is solely for OEM systems that need to mute the D3.

The pioneer bluetooth module mutes the D3 via IPBus. Truth is, the only reason we say "move the mute wire to the empty slot" is because you need a wire in there to ground and 99% of people don't need the mute wire anyway.