AVIC411.com

Z1 bluetooth and blue tooth pda

What kind of PDA? Is it a phone PDA, like a Treo 650 or 700W, or is it a straight PDA like, a Palm Tungsten or Pocket PC? If the PDA is a phone, then it should work with minor problems. If it's just a PDA, then it will not work at all. The Z1 has no phone-tronics in it. It is only an interface to the Bluetooth equipped phone.
[quote name="knights"]can a bluetooth pda connect to the head unit and xfer the contacts and or can i dial a contact in the pda and have the z1 pick it up and make the call[/quote]

I've been told because I have the PDA Phone Verizon XV6700, you cannot transfer your contacts and voice command through a bluetooth headset will not work. What you can do is manually enter your contacts then use the display to pull up the number you are calling, press the screen and then the number will dial. There is no over the air voice command that recognizes the names you have stored, however if you know the phone number, you can dial a number by voice command.
  • 2 weeks later...
Mac...I bet that Pioneer told you that. They told me that NO PDA's or SmartPhones would work with the Z1...After many calls to Pioneer for support I just tried it on my own. Everything on my 6700 and Z1 works just like on the phone. I had the Treo700W before this and that was a nightmare. That is truly the worst phone ever released. I've said this before(grin)....

My ringtone even plays through my speakers...
[quote name="TNEGG"]Mac...I bet that Pioneer told you that. They told me that NO PDA's or SmartPhones would work with the Z1...After many calls to Pioneer for support I just tried it on my own. Everything on my 6700 and Z1 works just like on the phone. I had the Treo700W before this and that was a nightmare. That is truly the worst phone ever released. I've said this before(grin)....

My ringtone even plays through my speakers...[/quote]

you have a 6700 from verizon or sprint? I have the sprint, and does your contacts transfer??? I have been on the fence with buying the bt unit, and advice is appreciated.
Mine is the Verizon...Yes they do transfer, but ONE BY ONE... it's a little painful especially if you have tons of contacts like me(1200+) I've only input about 150 and doubt I will enter anymore. I have a ProClip mount for my 6700 so I can see who is calling before I answer. It does get to be a pain in the ass because I get so many calls that I end up not getting to listen to any music.

I've started turning my bluetooth off when I don't want to talk...