AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Compatibility issue (t-mobile smartphone)

I will start by contributing:

For those of you with the t-mobile dash, there is a "leaked wm ce 6.0 update" on the net that will allow it to work with the D3... You merely update the software with the patch and it will work flawlessly

Now for my question:

I have a t-mobile wing now. I can connect thru bluetooth to use music, but it will not work under the phone option. The phone will say it is connected to the D3, but the D3 will say "Unrecocnized Device"

Does anyone know if there are any settings, patches, etc to solve this to get the phone to work.

Based on the fact that an updated dash works, i would think that a factory 6.0 wing should work!

Thanks

my dash came with windows mobile 6 already on it.. do i need that leaked update you spoke of? also, where do i get it?

i think you may be in the same boat as me.... the dashes that came with wm5 that upgraded to wm6 seem to work great with the d3 (ive gotten 2 to work perfect)

i actually think that tmobile released the wm5-wm6 update publically already and its available on the tmobile website (i may be behind the news) since i read alot on here but dont post

as far as a dash that came with wm6, i havent tried one

im still unable to connect my wing however... if i cant get it to work in the next 10 days, imma get another pearl

I forget exactly where to find it but somewhere in the bluetooth settings on the wing there is an option or a place to put check marks to select to use as a phone or as a music player or both. For some reason the D3 can only recognize the wing as either a phone or a music device not both at the same time.

If you want to use it as a phone then you need to disable the BT music and it should work fine at least mine does.

• 3 weeks later...

I have my tmobile mda for about a year. it's updated firmware to the latest with tmobile. I did some research and tried to figure out how to establish a connection with pioneer's btb200 but failed. The unit would simply wouldn't recognize. after trying several things as suggested but failed.

:wink: I've found a solution after a couple tries with the settings. Erase any connection in your phone regarding connecting to your btb200. Set your btb200 to search for phone, make sure your phone is discoverable. Your phone should be able to locate your btb200 (pioneer unit2). Connect and enter password. Then on the settings on the phone, you can use one or the other. Uncheck wireless headset, and use only the Handsfree calling. This should be able to let your pioneer unit recognize. Yeah, you can only use one or the other. then register your phone to one of the 3 slots, 1st one is a must if you are the primary user. DOn't give up if it still won't establish. Reset your bluetooth pioneer unit and erase your phone connection to pioneer and try again if unsuccessful. I'm using my phone right now. However, i'm still unable to get my pioneer unit to automatically connect, even if the settings said auto connect on. I guess i'll have to direct connect everytime.

enjoy.