AVIC411.com

I just installed my cdbtb200 today and the hands-free works great but the phonebook will not transfer from my Verizon BB-8703e. Pioneer said today (Saturday) that my Blackberry didn't have the required protocols installed! When I told him it tranferred my phonebook to my Garmin within seconds... he said "I don't know then" and to "call back Monday and talk to one of our mobile guys". My BB runs firmware 4.1 and I am reluctant to flash it to 4.2 from another carrier even if it was the answer. I feel like I have paid plenty for this setup and I am a littled pi**ed off at this point. Not to mention my "sale" to the wife was based on these "wonderful features". HELP ME! :shock:

Basicaly, once you choose transfer, it just kills the BT connection and then sits there. Again, it works with my Garmin! So "who is to blame"?

Once you select phonebook transfer, the unit will disconnect the handsfree profile to allow for data transfer. Leave the D3 on the the phonebook transfer screen and go to your blackberry and select the contact then select the option to tranfer via bluetooth. the d3 with confirm with a "complete" on the screen when the contact has been succesfully transferred. With my motorola q I had to send my contacts one at a time. The blackberry may allow for entire phonebook transfers. hope that helps.

So pioneer confirmed that the Blackberry will not transfer the phonebook. So I got the idea that I would use my Sprint 6700 PDA in combination with the Jetware software to transfer my contacts........Think again! The phonebook is specific to each phone. The 6700 is just a PDA and I can't use it to make calls. Not that I would want to, as I can't stand a two-handed mobile. 8 million registered blackberries and pioneer can't make thier s*** compatible.... and that is exactley who I blame. Like I said the Garmin picked up on the contacts without even hitting a button.

Not to mention Pioneer's arrogance on the phone. It's your Blackberry!!! I'm not buying thier story!

By the way the Jetware software does exactly what it says....credit where credit is due.

Still searching for the PERFECT PHONE.......iphone.....one answer.....AT&T!!!

Glad to get that off my chest! :evil:

Where's the Tylenol?