AVIC411.com

avic d3 sucking power

I have a 2004 chevy tahoe that I drive maybe once a week. If I go 10 to 14 days without driving it, my battery barely starts the truck. I have a new battery. I was wondering if this was common since the radio keeps up with internal memory. I did not have this problem with the factory radio. The dealership says that it is not uncommon. They said that memory sucks a small amount of power, but over time it adds up, plus it has been hot this summer. I can jump in it and drive it every 7 days or so and no problems, but if I wait 10 or so my battery is weak. I did not tell them I have a replacement radio. I have my ipod set to not charge ipod also. Any suggestions? Common or should I check out something else?

probably not (just) the avic. you could easily get a meter and run a current draw to locate the source. make sure not to have dome light on, or headlights/parking lights when running it for a current draw. you could then pull fuses one at a time to find where the largest draw is coming from. You can even get an acceptable draw rating from the directions with the meter yuou get.

I would bet theres probably something else doing it. I know my car use to do the same thing if left for 2 weeks without starting.. of course i had alot more to it then just a avic in it.